Dream Theater Tour Dates!! Finally Atlanta!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who think DT has pooped out their last 3 or 4 discs. Sooner or later I'll catch them again,but not this time around
I don't care at all about buying anything they've released this decade, but I'd sure love to see them again in concert. Killer live band!:headbang:

I will so be there for this one! Can you believe that we had to give away our tickets the last time we had tix - we were in the middle of moving cross country at the time. How is it that no other band emulates them? Their sound is distinct, which accounts for a great deal of their appeal.

does anybody know any possible way i can still get tickets to this?
as far as i can tell, it's sold out... and i'm extremely disappointed.
sooo if anyone could help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

I will so be there for this one! Can you believe that we had to give away our tickets the last time we had tix - we were in the middle of moving cross country at the time. How is it that no other band emulates them? Their sound is distinct, which accounts for a great deal of their appeal.

That's weird, I had to do the same thing a couple of years ago for the Boston show. Regretted not going to that one so I made sure to catch them on this tour.

Aside from the questionable areas of the city we drove through, the $20 parking, the temperature inside the venue (had to be 95), the tiny seats and the extremely drunk fat guys in the balcony, it was a great show. Missed Three and didn’t care much for the other 2 bands, although I thought Opeth’s frontman was funny and had decent interaction with the crowd. DT was very good. The musicianship was excellent and the video/light effects were well done. Petrucci’s soloing grew a bit old after about the third one and I thought LaBrie’s vocals were so-so all night. I am not sure if he said one word outside of singing, other than “thank you, goodnight”. Portnoy was awesome as usual and can play better standing up or with one hand than a lot of other drummers do sitting down with both hands. Overall a decent show, but I am pretty sure I won’t go back to the Tabernacle for another show unless it is one that just can’t be missed.

THree was much better live than on cd.
Between the Buried and Me was good just grew tired of them and went to purchase merchandise during their set so I am not sure if they played 2 or 3 songs.
Opeth was frigging amazing. Normally 6 songs in an hour time would have bored me but it was a good mix of songs from their last 5 albums (2 being from Deliverance). Looking forward to seeing them again in September as Mikael stated they would be back again. He was very funny with that dry Swedish humor.
Dream Theater was phenomenal. Excellent musicians in a live setting. My only complaints with them are they did not play Pull Me under (I am sure the band hates the song, but my wife and I love it LOL) and James really needs to hang up singing.

THe venue was about 125 degrees in there, hotter than pretty much the Masquerade usually is for shows. The seat listed on my ticket did not exist so we were moved to not as good seats. Oh well. It was great to finally see Dream Theater and Opeth. I can mark 2 more bands off of my Would Love to see live in my lifetime.

Can anybody post Dream THeater's Set List? I can post Opeth's if anyone wants it.:headbang:

Dream Theater was pretty boring to me. I like their studio work but they aren't a very good live band, and Labrie was off all-night. I only caught about half of 3's set but I've seen them twice already so I didn't mind. They were good. Between the Buried and Me was the best band of the night. "Selkies" was absolutely amazing, and "Prequel to the Sequel/Viridian/White Walls" was one of the best things I have ever seen at a concert. So good. They've improved a lot live since the last time I saw them. Opeth was great too, although I was a little disappointed they changed their setlist because they'd been playing my all-time favorite Opeth song all tour, but decided to change the set for last night. Mikael was funny as always. Overall a good show and the Tabernacle was looking great.

I really enjoyed last night's show. I hadn't seen Dream Theater live and in person since the Images and Words tour, so it was a treat for me to catch them again after so many years. And, I have to hand it to them, they know how to put on a show in a way that most bands just don't anymore. Lights, sound, video, humor, showmanship, talent all in one big package. Nice.

Opeth was a lot of fun, too. Mikael's between song humor was a fun change of pace in contrast to the music. But he needs to work on his timing...too much dead air between songs loses the momentum that's been built up. All in all, good stuff, and I was impressed by my first Opeth set. I'd go see them again.

Between the Buried and Me...uhh...I'll just say they're not my kind of thing. Plus, I needed another bourbon.

That being said, I think 3 almost stole the show. They were definitely a highlight of the entire evening. If you missed them, you missed something special. Their sound might have been some of the best all night, and the musicianship was jaw-dropping in places. I didn't know what to expect from them live, so I was very pleasantly surprised by the power they put out. The drummer and the keyboardist/percussionist looked like they were having the time of their lives, and it seemed to bleed over to the audience. (Is it just me, or did the keyboard player remind you of one of the members of the Blue Man Group??) :lol: It may be too late already, but these guys should make an appearance at a future ProgPower.

I missed Three, which was a shame since I'd seen them open for PT and liked them before.

Saw the latter part of BtBaM's set from outside the hall and thought they sounded good.

Opeth were great...they played two of my favorite songs in "The Baying of the Hounds" and "The Drapery Falls."
--And "Demon" of course!

I was in-and-out during DT's set, watching the older songs and heading downstairs to relax during the newer stuff. I must say, that nicely extended version of "Surrounded" really slayed. What a pleasant surprise to hear that one trotted out and prettied up so well!

We left right at the end of DT's regular set so I could go back by the buses, and so I heard their encore from outside. This was good timing on my part since I was carrying a CD-R for Mikael Akerfeldt and we didn't want to stay too late....and he showed up not long after we got there! :headbang:

That being said, I think 3 almost stole the show. They were definitely a highlight of the entire evening. If you missed them, you missed something special. Their sound might have been some of the best all night, and the musicianship was jaw-dropping in places. I didn't know what to expect from them live, so I was very pleasantly surprised by the power they put out. The drummer and the keyboardist/percussionist looked like they were having the time of their lives, and it seemed to bleed over to the audience. (Is it just me, or did the keyboard player remind you of one of the members of the Blue Man Group??) :lol: It may be too late already, but these guys should make an appearance at a future ProgPower.

I just got home from the DC show, and I had just about the same review. I was beyond impressed with these guys, and I can't wait to hear more from them. During the BTBM set (which I missed in favor of a beer) I told my friends that I was adding this band to my PP sponsor wish list.

The show belonged to Three and Opeth. I am somewhat sad that my Dream Theater fangirl syndrome seems to be over. :p

I missed Three, which was a shame since I'd seen them open for PT and liked them before.

Saw the latter part of BtBaM's set from outside the hall and thought they sounded good.

Opeth were great...they played two of my favorite songs in "The Baying of the Hounds" and "The Drapery Falls."
--And "Demon" of course!

I was in-and-out during DT's set, watching the older songs and heading downstairs to relax during the newer stuff. I must say, that nicely extended version of "Surrounded" really slayed. What a pleasant surprise to hear that one trotted out and prettied up so well!

We left right at the end of DT's regular set so I could go back by the buses, and so I heard their encore from outside. This was good timing on my part since I was carrying a CD-R for Mikael Akerfeldt and we didn't want to stay too late....and he showed up not long after we got there! :headbang:
Surrounded is my favorite DT tune. :worship:notworthy:kickass::headbang: