Dream Theater Tour Dates!! Finally Atlanta!!

Metal 99

Sep 15, 2006
:headbang:PROGRESSIVE NATION 2008 TOUR DATES!! DREAM THEATER’S “PROGRESSIVE NATION 2008”
featuring OPETH, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME and 3

North American Tour Dates
Tues April 29th - Mexico City, Mexico - National Auditorium
*Fri May 2nd - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheater
Sat May 3rd - Oakland, CA - Paramount Theater
Mon May 5th - Seattle, WA - Wamu Theater
Tues May 6th - Vancouver, BC - Orpheum
Fri & Sat May 9th & 10th - Calgary, ALB - Macewan Hall
Mon May 12th - Minneapolis, MN - Myth
Tues May 13th - Chicago, IL - Rosemont Theater
Wed May 14th - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
Fri May 16th - Columbus, OH - LC Amphitheater
Sat May 17th - Cleveland, OH - Time Warner Amphitheater @ Tower City
Sun May 18th - Albany, NY - The Armory
Tues May 20th - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theater
Wed & Thurs May 21st & 22nd - New York, NY - Terminal 5
Mon May 26th - Washington DC - DAR Constitution Hall
Tues May 27th - Richmond, VA - The National
Wed May 28th - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
Fri May 30th - Miami, FL - The Fillmore
Sat May 31st - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock
Sun June 1st - Tampa, FL - Ruth Eckerd Hall
Wed June 4th - San Juan, Puerto Rico - Coliseo of Puerto Rico *

If I had it my way Opeth would be headlining this. :lol:

Dream Theater seem decent live, but their last few albums suck. :puke:

Opeth are far and away the more interesting band, at least as far as I'm concerned.

scenes from a memory still stands as a (if not THE) progressive metal, or maybe even progressive in general, benchmark. dream theaters last few albums blow, ill agree, but their draw exceeds opeths by a large margin.

scenes from a memory still stands as a (if not THE) progressive metal, or maybe even progressive in general, benchmark. dream theaters last few albums blow, ill agree, but their draw exceeds opeths by a large margin.

I love Scenes From A Memory actually, awesome album. But, that said, I'd still rather see Opeth play the longer set. I'll probably end up showing up either way though.

I love Scenes From A Memory actually, awesome album. But, that said, I'd still rather see Opeth play the longer set. I'll probably end up showing up either way though.

yea but gotta look at the money factor, theyd probably end up with less money if opeth was the one headlining ya know?

like i think circus maximus is 100x better than symphony x, but it would be kind of obsurd to let CM headline over them cause SX has much more drawing power, same goes for opeth and DT.

personally i dont even think dream theater matches up with that roster, but what ever you know, it draws in wide variety of people, which in turn probably equals more money.

This tour now gives me a serious decision to make. Typically when DT does back to back nights, the second night is a covers set which would be great to see. However, this time it falls on the same night as PaganFest :(

I can't see Opeth getting less than an hour on this tour. If Michael quits trying to be a comedian between songs, they can possibly get another one in. I like every band on this bill, except BTBAM. I'll give them a chance, but I can't see what all the hype is about. This is a great tour and it's good to see Dream Theater come back to Atlanta.

Anybody been to the Tabernacle before? Is it general admission or are there assigned seats? I want to be as close as possible for this show! I can't wait; it's going to be so fucking killer...all those bands are AWESOME.

Tabernacle can be either. Sometimes there are seats, sometimes not. At G3 and Jethro Tull there were assigned seats. At Dimmu there weren't (well assigned seats, there is a balcony you can sit up on which I tend to).

Most shows I've been to at the Tabernacle are general admission and you have the choice between the floor or the balcony. The only two shows that I've seen there that weren't GA are The Flaming Lips and G3. I really hope they don't bust out the chairs for the floor for this show.

I am not joking:

This is the first metal tour to hit Miami since Metallica in 1999 :lol::lol: I am not exagerating.

Ft. Lauderdale (40 minutes north) gets all the the metal shows (when they get one).

Other than a few Aghora shows, Atheist and Necrophagist, I can't think of another metal show in Miami in the past 9 years. :lol:

Anybody been to the Tabernacle before? Is it general admission or are there assigned seats? I want to be as close as possible for this show! I can't wait; it's going to be so fucking killer...all those bands are AWESOME.

Just get there early and get in line and you should be fine.

Most shows I've been to at the Tabernacle are general admission and you have the choice between the floor or the balcony. The only two shows that I've seen there that weren't GA are The Flaming Lips and G3. I really hope they don't bust out the chairs for the floor for this show.

I'd be shocked if they did. The only seats-on-the-floor show I've ever seen there was Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Which G3 tour was that? When I saw the Petrucci/Vai/Satch G3 tour at the Tab, it was GA, and we were close enough to feel the sweat-drops from Vai's hair-swirling. Ewwww. :lol: