TRANSCENDING MORTALITY call it quits.

After a last 12 months which has seen line up changes and significant musical change TRANSCENDING MORTALITY have decided to put the band to rest.
Although some sad news to all involved there is a bright side to things with the guys soon to return under a different moniker with a whole swag of new material that whilst very different to what they have previously done still contains the same quality and style that saw an unknown bunch of young Sydney kids end up gaining the respect and acollades of the Australian metal scene, as well a loads of great reviews for their debut full length "The Last Horizon" and saw them share the stage with such world class acts as NEVERMORE and EVERGREY.
Metal Evilution wants to thank the band for the last 4 years we worked together,the memories will always be there.Thanks guys.:worship:
Make sure you all catch them one last time at The Manning Bar in Sydney Uni on Aug 23rd as there will be plenty of surprises and they will no doubt exit in grand style.I'm sure they'll all appreciate you coming along to say goodbye.
Here's the statements from Mike Zoias (vocals) and Shane Linfoot(guitar)

Hi all,

This may come as a surprise to some of you, but we have come to a decision not to continue on as Transcending Mortality. While the 4 of us have no set plans for the future, we will hopefully continue to work on new material – and I’m sure something good will come of this.

Of course this means that our set at Metalevilution’s 5th birthday on August 23rd at Sydney’s Manning Bar will be our last ever - it will be the last time anyone will hear any of these songs live (plus we plan to throw in a couple of surprises…) so be there, and help us to give them the send off they deserve! Also, as some of you will be aware we are midway through the recording of an E.p. which as it turns out will be the final Transcending Mortality release; so we will be doing all we can to ensure the end result is something that exceeds everyone’s expectations.

Sincere thanks to everyone for their support over the last 4 years… no doubt we’ll see you all around sometime soon!

Mike.
---------------

I thought i should probably clear some things up as our statement was purposefully vague.

The four of us are definitely going to continue on under a different name and in a different style. We've all moved on from the Power Metal style and we all needed a change. It really is a completely different band now and we felt we needed a new name to compliment that. We'll be making more of an official announcement about the new band name and our plans soon.

We have a lot of footage from our gigs over the years, as well as some hilarious on the road stuff which we might include as a bonus DVD on the EP.

Cheers everyone for a lot of awesome times and thanks for supporting TM through the years. You'll definitely be hearing from us soon though.

Shane

Here are some snaps of the guys to bring back some great memories.
Will add some more later.
Feel free to leave some pics or memories of the guys for us here as well.

Transcending_Mortality_4.jpg

Transcending_Mortality_5.jpg

0006.jpg

tm8.jpg

tm9.jpg

tm10.jpg

tm3.jpg

tm4.jpg

tm5.jpg

vanwilliamsnevermore.jpg

Indeed you should Todd, does anyone remember the tm album launch listening party. I seem to remember that was a pretty epic night filled with alcohol and mayhem