Translating Andy's C4 settings to ReaXComp

BrettT

Aug 29, 2006
Austin, TX
I'm a noob when it comes to mutiband compression...I'm trying to duplicate Andy's C4 settings using the ReaXComp plugin that comes with Reaper. Is this correct? I have it compressing from 65Hz-281Hz.

MultbandComp.jpg

It looks close (from memory of looking at that a while ago) but don't think that this preset will automatically work in your mix though, just in case you were trying to use it in a mix. It can be a decent starting point, but that is it really. Since each mix is different, it may be completely different than what you need.

It looks close (from memory of looking at that a while ago) but don't think that this preset will automatically work in your mix though, just in case you were trying to use it in a mix. It can be a decent starting point, but that is it really. Since each mix is different, it may be completely different than what you need.

Right. I just want to make sure I have the correct starting point.

What does the Range value in C4 correspond to in ReaXComp? And what does the Ratio value in ReaXComp correspond to in C4?

What does the Range value in C4 correspond to in ReaXComp? And what does the Ratio value in ReaXComp correspond to in C4?

They work in different way as you probably already know. The closest thing to ratio would be the knee and the range would be how much ReaXComp will compress at most.

but in Reaxcomp you use to compress only 281hz or also 65 hz pushing the active button. Can you post an image of complete setting about all band you comp? :loco:

I hope you understand my bad English :lol: