Trav - opeth question...

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
when you done the covers, well lets focus on still life...

did you listen to the album and then make the cover, or listen, talk with opeth etc on strict outlines for what they wanted, or have freedom on what you wanted to do etc. and if you have got some cover ideas you didnt release, erm can you some how get them on this site please, thanks and hope to see more of your art work on the new double cd, opeth would be stupid not to have you do them...:D

For SL and BWP

mike sent me the lyrics, and basically said do whatever i want for ideas.
After he (they) saw what i came up with, they gave their input and direction.

Still Life was dead on first try except the original was pink and not red.
and the blackwater Park cover was actually my 11th try..

T

jeeeeez!!!!!!!!
hehehehehe who decides what's working or what not?
I assume they do, since if you thought it wasn't working you wouldn't give away that one...

fathervic (once again, rambling)

well, ive just registered here today, so dont got oo hard on me but ive gotta say: wow, travis smith actually posts here??? man, ive whispered his name to my friends, admired his work on my cds a thousand times and now i can talk to him? well, before anything else, let me just take the time to thank/congratulate him for his exitence...thank you travis. i know you hear these kinds of bullsh*t many times, but...well, i cant help it. sigh, arent computers great?

nope, nothing funny. no offense at all, travis. im just one of your big fans. you will see that im serious in time. i plan to hang out here quite a lot. i mean put yourself into my shoes: this is only my first day here and i get to talk to the man who does the amazing album covers for my fave bands...wouldnt you be excited? amd well, we all have our own ways of expressing our excitements and thats mine...and why are you surprised and suspicious, travis? i thought -and read- that you got such remarks from everyone, well anyway...i wont go on with this buttering up any more, but one last time...thank you for your works, travis. you cant imagine how much you mean to me.

oh, huh....never noticed it was THAT building! Very cool! One of these days I'll go take a pic of it and put it on the Opeth board, as everyone there LOVES that building...

Hey Travis....hehe this is sweet,
Ive been showing my friends at school your work, luckily the site hasn't been banned like at my friends school.
Though i dont know why it got banned, especially when he is using you as a artist of influence for his final high school grades.......hmmmmm i just babbled alot.

anyway hi dude....this is really cool that u post on here....i will be talking to you about graphic design stuff, and crap like that.

Hi Travis!
Yes I like your Opeth designs too! :D
You're being a stranger lately. Hope you're doing cool!

Looking forward to you "revised' BWP cover. Though I love my big poster the way it is!! :D