Travis Saunders, The Perfect Trend & the gig last nite!

SharkGTS

Apr 11, 2011
Has anyone heard of the producer Travis Saunders up here in Canada (Kelowna)? Never met him but really like his sound and style. He works in the same sort of way as Joey, doing indie-boutique productions. Last nite a band on a CD release tour, the Perfect Trend rolled into town. Travis produced this CD and from what I've heard so far sounds great!

The show was supposed to be a full-on production/lights etc. my son's band DWSD on the bill as well. We got a text saying to bring monitors and a mixer, sound production man had bailed. So I loaded up the trailer with most everything, ended up using everything. I had to do full setup, just got everything done hit the switch & go. We were short a couple of mic stands.

Brought our lights which we developed based on what we saw with Asking Alexandria - computer/DMX controlled moving head LED's spots. I used white strobes to fill the stage out instead of twin spots like AA. I figure AA's light production was pretty expensive $30-40K??, but so cool.

Anyway the new Perfect Trend CD is "In Severance", Destined is a great tune. There is a 4:21 version in there use the pop-out player to find it. I'll see if I can get more of it. Got a gear trailer to unpack!

http://www.myspace.com/perfecttrend

Cheers for SA....Got the full CD here now and the credits read like this:
Produced, Engineered, mixed and mastered by Travis Saunders
Keys Written, Arranged and Performed by ---- and Travis Saunders
Strings written and arranged, Additional loops, Percussion and BGV's performed by Travis Saunders Recorded actually about 10 minutes from where we are. Very melodic. To be honest it's hard for me to listen to melodic leads and well more regular songs after the heavier breakdowns etc.

Just remembered this - what is also a bit freaky is that the track Asking Alexandria Alerion contains the same sound bytes as a record that Travis did back in 2008. A few months ago I thought my car head unit had fried because I had both AA in the iPod and this album below in the CD changer. I uploaded the track so you can hear this "conspiracy" theory for yourself:

Listen to this the intro of MBH's album http://www.fmrecords.ca/Travisvsjoey.wma
Then get a hold of Alerion by AA goto 00:18
BUSTED! (just kidding)