Opeth Dublin gig last nite

fergadeth

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2003
warrenpoint- co.down
Visit site
Opeth were amazin in Whelans in Dublin last nite!
I cant believe how tight they were- oh my god
they stuck to their setlist from the euro tour- available on their website,

It was the last show of a 33 show tour- they seemed relieved that it was coming to an end but you could see them feeding of the energy in the crowd.
Got myself a pic and a drumstick- and a nice hanshake from all the members.
I am totally converted to the Opeth now
Ireland fuck1n rocks!

Opeth tore the place down. Mikael is sound! Pretty funny guy actually.

I went f'n mental when they played Advent! Deliverance was amazin live, the outro. Lopez is an superb drummer.

Madder Mortem were pretty damn good. gonna get their albums!

personally I didn't enjoy Madder Mortem much, although they seemed sound people when I went back stage. I got a signed poster and I got my BWP booklet signed aswell as getting pictures taken with Mikael and Martin Lopez and speaking to the band. They were really nice people!

As far as the night went well their setlist was amazing, the highlights for me being Advent, Serenity Painted Death and of course Demon Of The Fall. Its just a shame there was nothing from Orchid!

Can't wait for them to come back! - Probably the best gig I've ever been to!

Strangelight said:
I was impressed by both bands at Whelans. Mikael and Peter came back to me mates flat to get pissed. Nice lads, funny an all.
Sound eh?

did your friend know them?

Cool to get pissed with Opeth...damn...wish I was Irish that day..:yell:

I WAS THERE

Best gig ever. Fucking hell, I still haven't recovered. My Friend Shiny got a load of excellent picsand hopefully i'll be able to show 'em to ye all soon.

Highlight of the night:
Opeth about to play Credence (I know this due to European setlists) after Mike announces they are going to play something mellow. Crowd starts to chance 'Harvest! Harvest!'. Mike laughs, gives a wry smile to Peter, and plays Harvest. Fucking amazing.

They were so much more confident than in 2001, much tighter, Mike was a lot more at ease with the crowd, the sound was spot on (Whelans is a great venue), I couldn't have asked for a better night.
And I got my photo taken with Peter! Yay!

i got me pic taken with Mike and Martin Lopez and also got 3 posters signed by the whole band and my BWP album signed by them all too. You will be able to win one of those signed posters from www.metal-observer.com soon, just needa get it sorted out with the boss so i'll let you all know when the time comes.

i'm just thinking about the meeting between opeth and mr. strangelight, known somewhere in the music scene as duncan patterson... sounds nice.

hey, pat, if you read these lines... PLEEEEEEASE, COME HERE IN ITALY WITH ANTIMATTER!!!!!

That gig was fucking excellent, i had talked to Martin Lopez and Peter outside the venue and had asked them were they going to play Harvest, peter told me they werent, so when the band agreed to play Harvest peter saw me in the crowd and gave me this funny smile! fucking amazing! Highlight of the nights had to be Damnation, Drapery Falls and Demon of the Fall (the crowd went fucking crazy for demon)
all in all a BRILLIANT night, and the best gig ive ever been to, and cheers to Madder Mortem, who won me over.

Estimation said:
That gig was fucking excellent, i had talked to Martin Lopez and Peter outside the venue and had asked them were they going to play Harvest, peter told me they werent, so when the band agreed to play Harvest peter saw me in the crowd and gave me this funny smile! fucking amazing! Highlight of the nights had to be Damnation, Drapery Falls and Demon of the Fall (the crowd went fucking crazy for demon)
all in all a BRILLIANT night, and the best gig ive ever been to, and cheers to Madder Mortem, who won me over.

Damnation????????? explain............

Haha, I think he means Deliverance.

Although as a special treat, they put on Windowpane at the end as a sampler for us. If I hadn't heard the album I probably would have fainted.