TRIALS album available! (mixed by Lasse)

Thanks!
the next one is gonna blow it out of the water! ;)

according to the guitarist the unmixed drums sound already better than the drums on the last record, lol.

I gotta say I still enjoy listening to that album though...killer band!

I have a question about that great, Bergstrand-esque snare sound, which I am totally digging. How much of that is room, and how much is sample/snare mic? My guess is you have a lot of room in the mix...anyway, if you get a chance, I'd love to hear more about that snare sound...

I'm not going to put you up there with Sneap and Bogren just yet, but you are damn close. Again, great job.

I have a question about that great, Bergstrand-esque snare sound, which I am totally digging. How much of that is room, and how much is sample/snare mic? My guess is you have a lot of room in the mix...anyway, if you get a chance, I'd love to hear more about that snare sound...

I'm not going to put you up there with Sneap and Bogren just yet, but you are damn close. Again, great job.

Haha, I'm nowhere near close mate, but thanks ;)

In this case it was actually kind of a "salvaging job" with the drums, so there's more sample on it than I'd have liked.
definitely some room sample on there, yes (might even have grabbed the tail from one sample to glue it to the next dryer sounding one)...
The problem I'm having with that snare sound is that you have to compress it so hard that it can become really noisy when solo'd, that often let's me shy away from getting those kind of snares...

But I should be aiming for a more different snare sound more ofen

for those who haven't seen it yet:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry that link didn't embed, but if you liked the first Trials record, it's worth your time. And yeah, album #2 is already kicking the first record's ass.