Tribute Records

JonnyD said:
Your Welcome Buddy!!! I went and checked out those 2 songs Very Cool! Do you guys have any albums?!? I would be totally interested in hearing more!

Right now we only have those 2 and one more recorded. We recorded them last year to enter a contes to open for Motorhead (we didn't win... :cry: )

We do plan to go and record a full length CD as soon as money permits. I'll let you know when that happens.

Thanks!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Wyvern said:
Agree Bryant the Avalon cover is pretty good, the .
You didn't take it out and listen to it :erk: :erk: That vocalist, Chity (unless he just gets too old before he is really discovered) is too good and too unique not to get a little more fame than he has. Of course, as we all say, taste is personal, but I believe there are always a handful that stand out in the crowd and he is one of them.
You know what else...... I like Dummy Burger's version of "Metal Heart" as well and I normally can't stand death band's doing covers, but those guys showed true respect for Accept and despite me not liking the growling vox, and the fact they sped it up quite a bit, that band practiced their ass off on that song and most of the guitar and drum licks (except for the guitar solo which was very tasteful) were almost verbatim to Accept's except for the speed.

Bryant

Bryant said:
You know what else...... I like Dummy Burger's version of "Metal Heart" as well and I normally can't stand death band's doing covers, but those guys showed true respect for Accept and despite me not liking the growling vox, and the fact they sped it up quite a bit, that band practiced their ass off on that song and most of the guitar and drum licks (except for the guitar solo which was very tasteful) were almost verbatim to Accept's except for the speed.
I like the fact that a black metal band pays tribute to older bands like Accept or Twisted Sister, but I expected more from this cover, the Accept live version sounds much more dynamic!

Clammy said:
Right now we only have those 2 and one more recorded. We recorded them last year to enter a contes to open for Motorhead (we didn't win... :cry: )

We do plan to go and record a full length CD as soon as money permits. I'll let you know when that happens.

Thanks!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:D Ok cool you be sure to do that hehehehehe Your Welcome! .... My only complaint would be the singer hahaha otherwise perfection hahaha Good stuff! ..... Good Luck Dude!

Bryant said:
You didn't take it out and listen to it :erk: :erk:
Bryant
Too quick too judge. I'm not a "pleaser" if I haven't liked the song I would have told you immediately.

I like it first of all, because most bands tend to cover old stuff and they didn't. Besides, even if I dind't follow Scorpions beyond "Animal Magnetism", I do like some songs of their modern years, being 'Alien Nation' one of them.
And as for the singer may have a small resemblance to Klaus Meine, but I don't think is as good a Klaus was in the early years (maybe now). But also the problem is that newer Scorpions is pretty average metal, and any good band can play their music at the same level. Now when it comes to emulate Uli Jon Roth era...
If most songs of that tribute are played with respect, the sound and feeling is never near the originals. My kudos goes to New Eden fro making a good mix of 'Fly To The Rainbow/Dark Lady', and my curses goes to Defekt and Solarisis
for killing the tunes.

Fangface said:
I like the fact that a black metal band pays tribute to older bands like Accept or Twisted Sister, but I expected more from this cover, the Accept live version sounds much more dynamic!
Hmmmm.... I am surprised Fang. I thought you would like that cover. I thought it waswell played. Have you heard Fates Warning do covers ? They are pretty good at them.......

Bryant

Wyvern said:
Too quick too judge. I'm not a "pleaser" if I haven't liked the song I would have told you immediately.

I like it first of all, because most bands tend to cover old stuff and they didn't. Besides, even if I dind't follow Scorpions beyond "Animal Magnetism", I do like some songs of their modern years, being 'Alien Nation' one of them.
And as for the singer may have a small resemblance to Klaus Meine, but I don't think is as good a Klaus was in the early years (maybe now).
Whoa !! Calm down there Vern my buddy. I was only teasing with you. I am actually a big fan of Klaus's vocals which is why I am so impressed with the cover, but then again, Chity is one of my faves as well. I don't care for The Scorps after "Savage Amusement" though I do have a couple of their CDs after that.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hmmmm.... I am surprised Fang. I thought you would like that cover. I thought it waswell played. Have you heard Fates Warning do covers ? They are pretty good at them.......
I only heard their version of "Saints in Hell" which was on the Priest tribute. Not bad...

Bryant said:
Whoa !! Calm down there Vern my buddy. I was only teasing with you.
Bryant
Then tease with more style man, sounded like pregnancy cry :p :lol:

Yes the guy does has a very good voice, but I rather would check him with his own stuff. Some albums and/or places to check their music? ;)

Speaking of Tributes...
My boss let me borrow his Hendrix Tribute "Power of Soul."
There's some really horrible stuff on there, but there's some real tastey
tracks, SRV, Prince(yeah F-in' Prince!), Clapton, Carlos Santana, John Lee Hooker!!!!!
While, I'm not a huge Hendrix fan I think I will burn me a copy for the Swirchives....

@Bryant : Talking about Fates Warning, I recall having somewhere a bunch of covers they did during rehearsals in their early days, Scorpions, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden tracks mainly, all sung by John Arch.
But their technical/vocal abilities hadn't matured yet, thus the covers are not that great, not to mention the "garage" sound.

Wyvern said:
Then tease with more style man, sounded like pregnancy cry :p :lol:

Yes the guy does has a very good voice, but I rather would check him with his own stuff. Some albums and/or places to check their music? ;)

Vern my brother, I never recommend shit albums. I strongly suggest "Eurasia" by Avalon, but Chity let's you taste his voice and bands on his website for free. I would never steer you wrong my friend.

www.somapala.de

Bryant

Fangface said:
@Bryant : Talking about Fates Warning, I recall having somewhere a bunch of covers they did during rehearsals in their early days, Scorpions, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden tracks mainly, all sung by John Arch.
But their technical/vocal abilities hadn't matured yet, thus the covers are not that great, not to mention the "garage" sound.

Never heard any of those buddy. : (

Bryant

It's all bootleg actually, here's the tracklist :

Total Eclipse
Remember Tomorrow
Flight Of Icarus
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Revelations
Pictured Life
Victim Of Changes
Beyond The Realms Of Death
I Can't Get Enough
Stand Up And Shout
White Witch
Lightning Is Striking

Bryant said:
Vern my brother, I never recommend shit albums. I strongly suggest "Eurasia" by Avalon, but Chity let's you taste his voice and bands on his website for free. I would never steer you wrong my friend.

www.somapala.de

Bryant
Accursed be the day I say otherwise, thanks for the link and I will check the album availaibility too. :wave: