Utopia was open this time....

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
So I got........

Hair of the dog - Ignite: FINALLY!!!!! Woohoo! (Does the happy happy joy joy dance) Its great! (So far anyway)

Dragonlord - Rapture: Havent listened to it yet, cool cover though. Travis Smith is a genious.

Sinergy - To hell and back: Happy wrathy? :)

Alice Cooper - Dragontown: Should be good if I give it time to get into it right? :)

Keepers of jericho - V/A: FINALLY again! Ive been after this for ages, its a tribute album to helloween, its supposed to be as good as the dio tribute, which is a big call.....

Humanary Stew - V/A: Alice tribute that sydo said was good so I got it.

I also got the new terroriser magazine. I havent listened to anything other than the HOTD cd yet, but Ill get to the rest later on today.

Does anyone know if there is an Iron Maiden tribute cd? If so, is it any good?

Originally posted by spawn

Does anyone know if there is an Iron Maiden tribute cd? If so, is it any good?

No there is not AN Iron Maiden tribute CD. There's about 8 of 'em. All of varying quality, and the only one I've heard anyone even kind of rave about is "Slave to the Power".

And here's a list of 'em

A Call to Irons
A Call to Irons 2
Slave to the Power
Iron Maiden Tribute
Children of the Damned
666 - Number one Beast
666 - Number one Beast Vol 2
Made In Scandinavia
The Maiden Years
Made in Tribute
Maiden America
Transylvania 666

There may be more out there, anyone feel free to add.

I did check! No portnoy DVD, I couldnt find transatlantic or jordan rudess either, but I couldnt look through the cds for too long this time because I was in a hurry, I did look through the dvds though and didnt see it, they had the live from new york Dream Theater one, but im guessing you already have that!

ok cool..... and here I was making sarcastic comments without having the facts to back them up! Dont ya hate that!

I rang Utopia just now... They just got Transatllantic this morning ... woo hoo.

They have Portnoy DVD on order, and I only just realised that he never answered me about Jordan Rudess.... the bastard.
Oh well.

Thanks Spawn

Transatlantic they might not have had out when I went there, they are still getting everything in order (I know, STILL! Its only been like a month since they moved!) and it took them about 20 minutes to finally be able to get the system to take eftpos......so unprofessional :)

JB has the limited edition of Transatlantic for $38.

I'm yet to find any store in newcastle that has Jordan Rudess (but hey, why am I looking when I've already got it, and I've got a signed copy on the way).

I can't wait for the Portnoy DVD. I have the signed video but I want the extra stuff on the DVD

Which JB HIFI has Transatlantic??

I rang the Parramatta store and they didnt have it!
DAMMIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will have to go to Utopia... what a shame. Havnt been to the new store yet

I got Transatlantic from JB in Melbourne for $29.99! :)

Rapture is pretty damn good Spawn. Some great music in there, heavy as hell too. Some of it's a little too close to The Gathering though. Be mindful of the vocals too..

Hope you like the Alice tribute. Personally I love it. It got me into Dio, Dokken and Alice. :D Billion Dollar Babies really rocks on that. :headbang:

All Maiden tributes I have heard suck smelly monkey balls. Generally anyway. Although there's usaully at least one song which is listenable.

You would have to buy the one Sinergy album I *haven't* got, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Still, Beware The Heavens is very cool in its own right.

(sings) "Born unto fire and passion, Xena marching into battle for the honour of her countrymen..." :headbang:

W

Sebastian Bach does a killer version of Children of the Damned on "Slave to the Power". Quite a good album - double CD. The usual dodgy tracks, but a good selection of stuff there.

Originally posted by Spiff
Sebastian Bach does a killer version of Children of the Damned on "Slave to the Power". Quite a good album - double CD. The usual dodgy tracks, but a good selection of stuff there.
Ive got that on mp3, damn its good!

Sydo! Dragontown is awesome! (Im listening to it now) Tis bloody great :D
Anyone else got it yet?

Dragontwon is cool. Digraceland and the title track are my fav's at the moment.

And what I should have said before was, I got the limited edition Transatlantic double CD digipack for $29.99! :D
Nice price 'eh?

Originally posted by Sydo
Dragontwon is cool. Digraceland and the title track are my fav's at the moment.

Yep the title track, I just wanna be god, the sentinal and sister sara are my faves at the moment