I went to Utopia (again...)

For those that aren't aware, "The Final Countdown" is one of THE great albums of the 80s, if not of all time. It's probably no coincidence, then, that one of the best live albums of all time is "Burning Japan Live" by Glenn Hughes, featuring most of Europe (the band, not the continent) as his backing band.

Europe! :headbang:

I know he played on "The Final Countdown", but I don't know about the other stuff as I don't have it. I've only heard his work with Europe, but based on that he does indeed rule :)

Didn't John Norum leave just before The Final Countdown because he thought they were going too glam? I thought Kee Marcello played on that album :confused:.

I had both TFC and the follow up (Out of This World) on tape when I was a lad, but got sick of them fairly quickly. I wouldn't mind hearing some of Europe's earlier stuff though!

And yes, John Norum does indeed rock. He plays a brilliant version of Cold Gin on the Ace Frehley tribute album Spacewalk.

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Didn't John Norum leave just before The Final Countdown because he thought they were going too glam?

Too Glam? Said the man how is now a member of Dokken. :lol:

Norum also played on Don's Up From The Ashes solo album.

Originally posted by Spiff
For those that aren't aware, "The Final Countdown" is one of THE great albums of the 80s, if not of all time.
I was looking through the vinyl in a second hand music shop to waste time this afternoon, and came across a copy of "The Final Countdown" in fair condition for $2, and then I remembered the amount of praise Spiffy was giving it (above), so I grabbed it to see what all the fuss is about. I will chuck it on later. :)

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Trivia time again: Michael Bolton started out in the music biz with an 'ard rawk band called Blackjack- featuring the guitar talents of one Bruce Kulick. I couldn't believe it either...

Yep, this is true, except that during those days, he was known as Michael BOLOTIN.