I went to Utopia (again...)

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Well first up, Sprucey, I dont know where the Dream Theater petition was because they were putting up posters and stuff and I couldnt find it because there were a million and a half sheets of paper and various humungazoid boxes around, most of the stuff that was usually on the counter wasnt there, I did get there just after opening so maybe they didnt have any of it out yet? If it helps (and it probably doesnt) when I saw it 2 weeks ago there was a full page done and in the column that says "How much would you pay?" people had all put "Whatever it takes" which I thought was cool... Sorry I couldnt help more, I know I should have grabbed the woman behind the counter and throw her into a wall to try and find out where it was, but I was a bit tired :)

I got....

Megadeth - Behind The Music DVD, Joe, this one is for you :D :headbang:
Cant wait to watch this one, Dave is always good for a funny quote :) Just in case Coops wants to know what the extras are (I know he has seen the actual show) they are as follows: Dolby 5.1 surround sound, dolby digital stereo, Moto Psycho video (Song sucks, but rocked live WTF is with that??) photo gallery, vital statistics (penis sizes and so on presumably), outtakes and bonus footage.

Jacobs Dream - Jacobs Dream: If you like Queensryche, you have good taste. You will also like this band. They are the biggest rip off you will EVER hear, but if you are gonna steal, steal from the best!

Kittie - Oracle: Yeah shut up, I like them ok? :) They arent brilliant, but its enjoyable stuff, I just hope she doesnt growl/scream as much on this one, it just doesnt sound right when a woman does it, particulary when she has a quite good normal voice.... hmmmm

Kiss - Creatures Of The Night: I SWEAR the eyes on this were following me, so I bought it. I like Kiss.

Wasp - Kill Fuck Die: Best. Album. Title. Ever.

Steel Prophet - Dark Hallucinations: I got this cos Spiffy said it was good, and thats good enough for me, cool song names too. Not that it matters, but well, its just cool.

They didnt have Blazes new album.... :cry:

I also bought some assorted comics, but no Gaimen, as they didnt have book 5 of Sandman which is what im up to. I think anyway, it may be 6, or 4, im not totally sure.

Originally posted by spawn
Megadeth - Behind The Music DVD, Joe, this one is for you :D :headbang:

Thanks Spawny. I feel soooooo much better, knowing that the void I have created in purchasing of metal items has been filled - at least for this week.

I must try and get up there in the next couple of weeks.

No doubt you will enjoy watching it doubly for me as well....

"Wooooohhh... We're creatures of the night!" :headbang:

Excellent choice there Spawn. You already know most of the best tracks on this one from Alive III, but Killer and War Machine are also worthy of your attention.

Trivia time: There was another pressing of this album released in 1985 with a slightly different mix and a very shitty new cover featuring Gene, Paul, Bruce (who doesn't even play on it!) and Eric
at the height of their glammy, big hair phase. The original and far superior cover was only released on CD for the remaster in '97.
(I had a poster of it once, but my Mum made me throw it out because of the two naked women snogging under the main pic)

Also, even though his face is on the sleeve, Ace doesn't play a note on the actual album. Lead guitars are by Vinnie Vincent, Steve Ferris (who would later join Mr Mister), Bob Kulick and a session player called Robben Ford.

Since you already have A Game of You, you should be up to Sandman book 6, which is Fables and Reflections :).

W

I got the remaster :) War Machine RAWKS! Who wrote I Love It Loud though? on Alive 3 im sure I remember it saying Gene, but on the cd it says Paul an some Cuasomo guy (who is apparently Vinnie Vincent)

Ill have to check what books I have of Sandman, I always forget where im up to!

Mmmmmmmmmmm naked women.

The credits inside the CD are wrong. I Love It Loud was written by Gene Simmons and Vincent Cusano (AKA Vinnie Vincent)

And the "B Adams" who co-wrote Rock and Roll Hell and War Machine is indeed *that* Bryan Adams. Bloody miracle they both turned out so well, innit? ;).

W

Still not as bad as getting Michael Bolton to write a song (and I can't for the life of me remember which one... "Forever", perhaps?).

Right on Spiff, it was "Forever." Crap song, but it serves its purpose if you're in the right mood ;). Great solo too!

Trivia time again: Michael Bolton started out in the music biz with an 'ard rawk band called Blackjack- featuring the guitar talents of one Bruce Kulick. I couldn't believe it either...

W

Creatures Of The Night rocks! I should probably buy it myself one day. :)

Tell me what you think of KFD once you've had a listen.

Creatures Of The Night is one of the best studio albums for sure!!!!! Rock N Roll Hell, Keep Me Comin, Danger, War Machine, all such underrated tracks.

Plus, Creatures Of The Night is the best Kiss song EVER!

I have the dodgy 1985 cover on mine haha!

Forever is a great song by the way lol.

Oh my GOD, I cant believe it really WAS Michael Bolton....... I always thought M. Bolton couldnt be him, surely! :lol: Oh well, the version on Alive 3 still RULES :)

Bryan Adams is alright! Power ballads par excellence :)

Speaking of purchases, today I traded in some crappy old CDs I havent listened to for ages for:

Europe - Europe (pretty good 80s power metal stuff)
Scorpions - Savage Amusement (great arena metal)
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar (their best album)
Danger Danger - Danger Danger (brilliant pop-metal!)
Alice Cooper - Goes To Hell

All those were on vinyl... and on CD I finally got:

W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol !!! WOO!

Yeah Spiff no joke, I was expecting a glam/hair type thing like The Final Countdown.. I'd heard that the first album was more metal, but I didn't think it would be this different! It's like an 80s version of power/prog type stuff, seriously!