Utopia moved?

Jozxyqk

Lick my love pump!
Jul 31, 2001
Canberra
Hi all

I heard from someone that Utopia has moved...can anyone clarify this? I'm gonna be up that way in a few weeks and since Metal Mayhem have been fucking me around in regards to getting Dark Genesis :( I want to get it up there.

Thanks guys
Cya

:headbang: :devil:

Yep, its across the road from where it used to be, up where the cinemas are! :D
It doesnt have any carpet and is much less homely than the last store though :cry:
But they still have cds! :D
But they charge a lot for Dark Genesis (120 dollars) :cry:
But Dark Genesis is worth it! :D
Unless you dont like Iced Earth :cry:
But everyone does! :D

Yeah but Utopia dont fuck you around to get it :lol: I walked out of there without even having to bend over :headbang: :D

The Invisible Boy ordered it over the phone and got a few days later in the post - ready for Christmas. :p

Originally posted by Jozxyqk
Hi all

I heard from someone that Utopia has moved...can anyone clarify this? I'm gonna be up that way in a few weeks and since Metal Mayhem have been fucking me around in regards to getting Dark Genesis :( I want to get it up there.

Thanks guys
Cya

:headbang: :devil:

JB HiFi in Melbourne have a couple of copies on the shelf. $110 each, but then, you'd probably only need one.

That location sucked anyway,
remember when it was in clarance street and only metal fans new about it, now you have every dickhead off the street crowding the place, looking at cloths and blink 182 merch, when your trying to check out some metal.

When i first went to Utopia it was underneath Martin Place in a store that is about the size of the shop counter in the new store!
I frist went there in 1985 when i was 17 and had no money.I used to spend many Saturday mornings in there looking at album covers and listening to whatever they were playing over the shop speakers!(occasionally i would scrape together enough money to actually buy an album!!)

Jozxyqk
These days i get most of my metal from Metal Mayhem.I am really surprised that they are stuffing you around.I got my two copies of Dark Genesis(one was a birthday present for someone else) in the mail two days after i ordered them(yes $85 each!).

Utopia has become a bit expensive these days(approx $33-$34 a CD...and their T-shirts are way too expensive now!).Metal Mayhem usually charge around $29 a CD so even with postage it still works out cheaper than Utopia(especially if you order a few CD's at once and only pay one postage charge)

hey guys

Just a thought.
if your looking for an alternative to get great metal, call paul at redeye.
indeed utopia are cool and Nik at Metal mayhem is a fkn great guy.

But paul has a shit load of stuff that maybe people dont know about,

anyways just a thought

(shameless self promotion)

DUNGEON - Feb 2 Bexley forest inn......

see youse there myte. full sik.