I went to Utopia... (Yes, again....)

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I got:

Megadeth: Rude Awakening: All the fun of the concert without lining up at the wrong f**king door!

Bloodthorn: Onwards Into Battle: I have no idea who this band is, nor have I ever heard of them, but it had a REALLY
cool cover so I took a risk, I hope its not black metal crap though, we shall see......

Black Label Society: 1919 Eternal: I wonder how many times Zakk will say f**k on this album? Surely he wont beat
the last album, there were a phenomenally high number on that one. Almost as many as Slayers new one. Anyway,
this one has some of the best/funniest song names ever on it, they include "Bleed For Me", "Graveyard Disciples",
"Mass Murder Machine" and other assorted ballads.

Testament: The Gathering: Testament rock my world baby. They FINALLY had a copy of this album. Well FINALLY
is going a bit far seeing as they didnt have it last visit, but they did this visit, so I didnt have to wait long I guess.

Manowar: Hell On Earth DVD: A friend said its funny and good, so I got it, I dont know how ANYONE takes this
band seriously though :)

Slipknot: Behind The Mask DVD: I like Slipknot and I dont care if you dont, so NERR! :)

I also got a free Megadeth poster :headbang: Except its pretty crap because its the cover of the cd :(

Originally posted by spawn
Megadeth: Rude Awakening: All the fun of the concert without lining up at the wrong f**king door!

Dave Mustaine said that Megadeth would never release a live album, and you know what? He was right.

Originally posted by Spiff

Dave Mustaine said that Megadeth would never release a live album, and you know what? He was right.

Im intrigued, because I have a copy of a live album from Megadeth right in front of me, tell me Spiff, how did you come to the momentous decision that he was right? :D :)

How much was Rude Awakening? I saw it here in Geelong, but it was an imprt copy rather than the local release.

Is the rest of 1919 Eternal any good? I've heard Bleed For Me and it's honestly the only BLS song I really like.

$29.95 for Rude Awakening, plus a free poster (even if its crap it was still free :) )

I havent listened to them yet, but Ill let you know what its like if you like :)

BTW: Am I the only one disappointed Vic didnt make the cover of Rude Awakening?

BTW: Am I the only one disappointed Vic didnt make the cover of Rude Awakening?

The Rude Awakening cover is gay.

Im intrigued, because I have a copy of a live album from Megadeth right in front of me, tell me Spiff, how did you come to the momentous decision that he was right? :D :)

Give it a listen and then get back to me :)

Originally posted by Spiff

Give it a listen and then get back to me :)

Ahh so its like Studio Insurrection? ;)

To be honest, I MUCH prefer it when a band goes back and fixes the big mistakes! It makes for better listening in my opinion!

Well Alive III by Kiss is hardly live, but really I don't care because the main thing to me is that the songs are all improvements on their studio versions. So basically its an album of great Kiss songs with a great energetic live feel, whether it was done in the studio or not hehe.

Originally posted by phlogiston
I wanna hear about Bloodthorn. Sound's cheese-metal to me...

I cant remember when I heard a worse black metal vocalist than on this album :(

Strike one for trying out new bands :)

Sydo, Im listening to Zakks new one right now, about 3/4 through it, if you liked Bleed For Me you will probably get into the rest as well, id even go so far as to say its my favourite Zakk cd, you wont believe it, but its heavy as hell, yeah I know, who would have guessed?? :)

He doesnt do his harmonic thing very often though, I was quite surprised!

Have you heard Bored To Tears off the first album? Download it if you havent, it SO rocks the house :)

Have you heard Bored To Tears off the first album? Download it if you havent, it SO rocks the house :)

Havn't heard it.:(
Will do. :)