TRIBUTE TO S.O.D.

SODMOD

Fist Banging Maniac
Oct 30, 2003
Netherlands
www.sod-mod.com
Tribute to S.O.D.

Hello everybody. I was thinking, wouldn’t it be a great idea to put the entire ‘Speak English Or Die’ –album as a tribute to S.O.D. on my website? No, not the original album… I am looking for bands who have recorded or would like to record a song from the first S.O.D. album, that I can use on my website.

It might take a while to get coverversions of all the songs and to get permission from the bands to use their track and I don’t even know if this is possible at all. But I thought, let’s give it a shot.

I have added a list of bands who did a cover of one of the tracks from ‘Speak English Or Die’. I could try to contact those bands and ask them for permission to use a particular song on my site. As a tribute to S.O.D.

I could also give other bands the chance to record a track for my tribute. What do you think? It would be great if this happened!

Here are versions of tracks that already are in my possession:

01. March Of The S.O.D./02. Sargent 'D' & The S.O.D.
Versions by:
- Life of Agony
- Entombed
- Cemment
- Crash

03. Kill Yourself
Versions by:
- Impaled Nazarine
- Slapdash

04. Milano Mosh
Version by:
- Survive

05. Speak English Or Die
Version by:
- Yellow Machinegun

06. United Forces
Versions by:
- Sonic Death Burger
- Raza De Odio
- Geronimo

07. Chromatic Death
Version by:
- Anthrax

08. Pi Alpa Nu
- No version yet

09. Anti-Procrastination Song
Version by:
- Dream Theater

10. What's That Noise
Version by:
- Death Rock Crew

11. Freddy Krueger
Versions by:
- Bat Cave
- Pulling Teeth

12. Milk
Versions by:
- Anthrax
- Saigan Terror
- Deftones (demo, bad soundquality)

13. Pre-Menstrual Princess Blues
- No versions yet

14. Pussy Whipped
Versions by:
- Grimforce
- 54-71
- Suns Owl

15. Fist Banging Mania
Versions by:
- Terror Squad
- Aggressive Dogs

16. No Turning Back
- No versions yet

17. Fuck The Middle East
Versions by:
- Sonic Death Burger
- North Side Kings

18. Douche Crew
Versions by:
- Sepultura (live 1996)
- Dessert

19. Hey Gordy!
- No versions yet

20. Ballad Of Jimi Hendrix
- No versions yet

21. Diamonds And Rust
- No versions yet

johnnieCzech said:
I also heard, I think, March Of The S.O.D. by German band Headcrash.

Thanks Johnnie. If you guys know of more bands that did an S.O.D. track already, please let me know. And if it's possible, send me (a link to) that version.

schenkadere said:
Sounds like a great idea...it could also give some bands a little exposure.

Indeed. Maybe there are even musicians around here that wanna be part of this. Record your own version, send it to me and I can see if I can use it for this tribute.

I just got permission from the North Side Kings to use their version of 'Fuck The Middle East', (from the split-album 'Allied Forces').

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :hotjump:

Raza De Odio from Italy were very honoured that I want to use their version of 'United Forces'. The band AND their recordcompany gave me permission to use their version.

This last thing is very important too and makes it even more difficult to put this together. I informed a few days ago what was legally correct to do and I was told that I have to get permission from the recordlabels as well, because they are the owners of the recordings.

In the case of Raza De Odio I got permission from the band and their label.

Now I have to try to get permission to use the rest of the tracks. If there's anyone who can help me with this or can get me versions that are not on my list yet, please contact me. This is gonna be a lot of work....