Triggers always clip

ElektricEyez

Aug 29, 2007
I've got some Roland drum triggers, and no matter what I do, the trigger tracks are always clipping (not that it really affects the sound its more annoying than anything). I've backed off the little screw as far as they can go, but the signal is always too hot. I'm feeding them into a Firepod which then goes into an RME Fireface800 with the gain knob all the way down. I don't feel like building 6 different line attenuators, but I am willing to build resistors right into the triggers but I've read up on it and the process still eludes me. There is a small PBC in each one which I can post pictures later.

Any other ideas or suggestions would also be appreciated!

I know Joey uses them, maybe he can chime in and tell us if he's able to get around the clipping. I want to get a set of these myself as most people feel they are a little better than the DDrum Pros, partly because they are built with a better design that doesn't fall apart after a few drumsets.

I don't think my Roland kick drum trigger clips with the pad engaged on my interface, I can't recall though. It's a kick trigger, I don't need the velocity information :lol:

The occasional clip isn't a big deal at all with triggers but if even soft/medium hits are clipping it's a bitch because you lose the velocity data :/