Triggers

Sep 7, 2006
Not sure if this quite the right thread...but here it goes.
I've done a fair few searches on the board but i can't seem to find anything like this.

Basically i'm a student and i've got dkfhs and an mbox2 on the way, i'm considering the possiblity of recording drums with 2 overhead's and triggering the rest of the kit and running into the midi in on the mbox. I dunno if thats such a great idea but anyway...

Anyone know where i can get some fairly cheap triggers and a module with midi output here in the uk?! I can't find any that are particularly cheap.

I'm looking for some in the same sort of price range as the Pulse triggers:
Buy Pulse Percussion Red Hots DR-1 Drum Trigger online at Musician's Friend

If anyone could help me out either to find some pulse triggers in the uk, or recommend anything it'd be great.

Ben Shuker.

First off, those triggers are shite. You don't want to skimp on the triggers man, seriously. The DDrum Pro set (kick, snare, three toms) is only $200US...and they are killer triggers. The cheapest module I would recommend is the Alesis DM-5, I use it all the time with DDrum Pro triggers and also with an electronic drumset into my PowerBook via an Edirol UM-1ex and trigger EZDrummer and DFH EZX. Works perfectly.

Just remember with the triggers, you get what you pay for.

~e.a

Ah thanks for the advice man! I really haven't got a lot to spend so i guess i'd be better off to just program for the time being until i could get some good gear?! Any tips on programming!?! I'm a real newbie at realistic drum programming i've only ever put drum parts in midi form to get a basic idea!