Trilian Layer FX Rack to imitate bass multitrack blending

Djabthrash

Aug 26, 2007
Paris / Montpellier, FRANCE
Hi guys,

Anyone using the Layer A + B thing for bass sounds in Trilian ?

I was thinking about using Layer A for my "main" bass tone, and Layer B for the bass distortion alone (using the same FX Rack in Layer B than in Layer A, except that i would add some distortion at the very end (smoke amp fx with gain on), and then blending Layer A + B to taste to have my final bass tone).

http://support.spectrasonics.net/trilianmanual/fx_page/page00.html

In the end i would have one patch with 2 layers who have their own volume and FX Rack, and going into one empty Commn FX Rack :

LAYER A : main bass tone :
volume : adjusted to the mix as if bass tone was only layer A
FX Rack A : comp -> amp (with almost no gain and not too many mids)

LAYER B : mid distorted bass tone :
volume : adjusted to add some distortion to layer A
FX Rack B : comp -> amp (with almost no bass, with some gain) -> EQ (to retain mostly the mids)

I prefer just rendering a clean di (di signal and release noise in trilian) without any effects and duplicate the stem and run them through a bunch of eq and comps and one through TSE BOD (HP/LP Ola style). When I want an amped tone I tend to use the trilian effects rather than Ampeg SVX or such, I really dig the smoke amp. Though I've tried using layer B as a sine, gives some really huge lowend but it's hard to get it to sit in a mix. I find it easier to work with FX outside of Trilian.

I prefer just rendering a clean di (di signal and release noise in trilian) without any effects and duplicate the stem and run them through a bunch of eq and comps and one through TSE BOD (HP/LP Ola style). When I want an amped tone I tend to use the trilian effects rather than Ampeg SVX or such, I really dig the smoke amp. Though I've tried using layer B as a sine, gives some really huge lowend but it's hard to get it to sit in a mix. I find it easier to work with FX outside of Trilian.

OK thanks for your info !