Triple Headliner Guess.

I admit that Avantasia is a pretty crazy thing to hope for. So to make this MUCH less serious....who would Glenn be surprised to hear from? Two of his favorites maybe? Shinedown!!!! That'd be good! No...wait...The Eagles! Yes! Oh, and The Who is touring next year right? Stones maybe? Are these all too easy? How about Kid Rock, Limp Bizket (how do you even spell that name???) with some Linkin Park action! Now THAT is a triple headlining night! :Smokin: :cry: :puke::headbang:

Edit to add: I'm already practicing on my punchy lack of sleep deprived me! :)

I was trying to stay out of this thread as much as possible, but that quote above is simply illogical. You want me to wait 6-10 years between bringing bands back that were popular at the show and are guaranteed to sell tickets???? There isn't a fucking festival in the world that plays by those rules.

I elevated Edguy to a headline after 2 years and no one complained. These days..everyone complains about everything.

Illogical it may be to wait 6 years. I just mean its my personal preference not to be in interested in seeing Voyager this year after having seen them last year for example. Or to take Symphony X this year, I was tempted to leave early this year considering I'd seen them on tour last year, but it'd be interesting to see them if they change the set list.. even if they didn't I'd stick around for a bit, but I wouldn't feel bad for leaving early.

Edit: Er let me rephrase that. Basically I wouldn't mind watching a band that has played recently, but at the same time I won't be requesting them to be played. I don't mind waiting a few years. I don't mean to make it sound like I'm complaining, I just suck at getting my points across, though the whole guessing threads being pointless may have been me venting a bit.. my apologies.

Illogical it may be to wait 6 years. I just mean its my personal preference not to be in interested in seeing Voyager this year after having seen them last year for example. Or to take Symphony X this year, I was tempted to leave early this year considering I'd seen them on tour last year, but it'd be interesting to see them if they change the set list.. even if they didn't I'd stick around for a bit, but I wouldn't feel bad for leaving early.

but "if" Voyager was to play next year, it would be two years since they played, and judging from how 'over" they were with the crowd at last years fest, having them come back isn't beyond the realm of possibility, you might be in the minority as far as not wanting to see it..but again..I'm biased :lol:

2 out of the box guesses for the "mystery band"
Marillion

Saga, only if they promise to do some old Fludd tunes.

Seriously - if Marillion showed up on the screen, it would cause a lot of mild heart attacks on the floor. I'm not sure their music would flow with the rest of the festival, but I'd be rooted in place to experience the entire set.

Of course, I'd have to catch up on their catalogue, since the last thing of theirs I listened to was "Radiation."

I'm going to go Brazilian with my guess... Angra / Matos / Hibria

I assume Hibria is a stretch for that slot but they fit with the theme and Defying the Rules is insane

I'm going to go Brazilian with my guess... Angra / Matos / Hibria

I assume Hibria is a stretch for that slot but they fit with the theme and Defying the Rules is insane

Angra will have to find a singer between now and next year, unless you think Matos is back in. And I doubt he could pull off two sets in one night.

I would like to apologize for this post. The llama's that wrote it have been sacked.

I admit that Avantasia is a pretty crazy thing to hope for. So to make this MUCH less serious....who would Glenn be surprised to hear from? Two of his favorites maybe? Shinedown!!!! That'd be good! No...wait...The Eagles! Yes! Oh, and The Who is touring next year right? Stones maybe? Are these all too easy? How about Kid Rock, Limp Bizket (how do you even spell that name???) with some Linkin Park action! Now THAT is a triple headlining night! :Smokin: :cry: :puke::headbang:

Edit to add: I'm already practicing on my punchy lack of sleep deprived me! :)

Angra will have to find a singer between now and next year, unless you think Matos is back in. And I doubt he could pull off two sets in one night.

Exactly. Angra's new singer won't be revealed for a little while still, though some of the rumors I've heard from people involved with the band are quite awesome.

As far as Matos pulling two sets, I'd rather one set with excellent vocals than two with so-so vox...

Exactly. Angra's new singer won't be revealed for a little while still, though some of the rumors I've heard from people involved with the band are quite awesome.

As far as Matos pulling two sets, I'd rather one set with excellent vocals than two with so-so vox...

I was thinking separate singers and then some combined songs ala Gamma Ray and Helloween on the Hellish Rock Tour.

I know absolutely nothing about what these things cost, but I can tell you that any combination that includes Arch/Matheos (perhaps packaged with a Fates set of some kind) would definitely get this old man's ass down to Atlanta from New England in a hurry!

2 out of the box guesses for the "mystery band"
Saga

As AWESOME as I think this would be, I cannot see that ever happening.

For me personally, I would love it being a fan for decades (Hell I even really like the Wildest Dreams album.... think I might be the only one lol) - but I can't see them having the kind of festival appeal Glenn seems to look for.

Ok so we're driving down now, and throwing out our guesses:

Triple Headliner:
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Demons & Wizards

"Mystery Band" (Not necessarily all as a triple headliner, but any one part of it)
Rage
King Diamond/Merciful Fate
King Crimson
Marillion
Avantasia
Opeth
Dream Theater
Volbeat (I know they tour a lot, but that would put them under the "Never thought I'd get a call from" category)
A Tribute To Death