Triple X, Englv30 Impulses Slate Samples..

crillemannen

Jun 20, 2007
www.studiohaga.net
Yo, I've just recorded a new clip with my Triple. There was some mistake about how i used my Maxon in the chain before sry for that.

This time i used cab out instead of line out. The line out signal lacked some presence which the cab out didnt.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=698450

Emg 81 --> Maxon OD808 --> Triple,cab out --> Sir 2, Englv30 impulse

Triple XXX settings:

hair 5
Body 3
bottom 5
gain 3,5

Maxon Overdrive 12 o clock
Balance 9 o clock
Tone full

Enjoy / Cheers

Sounds amazing!!

I have one doubt: I assume that your amplifier has 2 cab outputs, therefore, Do you connect one output to a cab and the other one to your computer? Is not this dangerous for the amplifier? If not I will do some test with the cab output of my 5150.

Cheers!

sounds great :OMG:.. crillemannen what sound card are you using? i cant get near the the sound your getting with impulses maybe its my shitty soundblaster....:yuk:

Thnks, I don't connect the output to a cab only direct into the sound card. Cant believe it would be bad for the amp, but honestly i don't know. I have a mbox2pro, could for sure get a better sound out of the amp with a great mic-preamp.

Cheers

Thnks, I don't connect the output to a cab only direct into the sound card. Cant believe it would be bad for the amp, but honestly i don't know. I have a mbox2pro, could for sure get a better sound out of the amp with a great mic-preamp.

Cheers
I thought you were supposed to dummy load the power amp lest you risk blowing your amp?

hmm as long as the signal don't clip could it still be bad?? Could really use a answer from someone who really know the answer lol.
And does it make any difference if I plug it into the mic preamp or the line-in on the soundcard??

hmm as long as the signal don't clip could it still be bad?? Could really use a answer from someone who really know the answer lol.
And does it make any difference if I plug it into the mic preamp or the line-in on the soundcard??
These are all good questions so I'll throw on my own since I never really got an answer, is there any output difference between the line out and fx send?

Ok, thnks for the answer. So Can i still connect the amp direct into the soundcard if i where to use a cab at the same time??
And what is a dummy load, can you give a example of one to a gtr amp????
Can someone please give an answer to how i solve this problem.

Id be thankful for any answers
//Cheers

Ok, thnks for the answer. So Can i still connect the amp direct into the soundcard if i where to use a cab at the same time??
And what is a dummy load, can you give a example of one to a gtr amp????
Can someone please give an answer to how i solve this problem.

Id be thankful for any answers
//Cheers

thd--palmer and many more search dummy load for amps on the net

Wow...seriously amazing tone man!! That is so pro sounding and useable.

I'd check out Weber or THD for dummy loads. Basically the load acts as a speaker but absorbs the power of the amp so to speak. This way you don't blow your transformer.

-Joe

Ok thnks again for the answers. Did some reading about dummy loads.
Hopefully someone can answer this question about if I eliminate the risk of blowing the amp if i connect a cab to the amp and the other output into the soundcard??

Thnks in advance / CHris

Ok thnks again for the answers. Did some reading about dummy loads.
Hopefully someone can answer this question about if I eliminate the risk of blowing the amp if i connect a cab to the amp and the other output into the soundcard??

Thnks in advance / CHris

As long as you have a load (cab or dummy load) on the amp through the speaker outputs, you should be fine.

-Joe

I think he meant what brand of tubes. :loco:

I just always thought it would be unsafe to plug a speaker output of an amp into a mic preamp. The speaker output is under a load from the power amp and seems damaging. You sure it was the speaker output and not the preamp output or effects loop send?

I used the line out in the first clip i've posted a couple of days ago, But in this new clip i used the speaker output, and it sounded way better.
But can you agree that if i put a cab in one of the speakeroutputs and use the other one direct into the soundcard would that elimante the problem??
Someone wrote to me and said that the cab will then act as a dummy load and the amp and the soundcard would not take any dmg.
Would be thnkful for an answer

Cheers

I used the line out in the first clip i've posted a couple of days ago, But in this new clip i used the speaker output, and it sounded way better.
But can you agree that if i put a cab in one of the speakeroutputs and use the other one direct into the soundcard would that elimante the problem??
Someone wrote to me and said that the cab will then act as a dummy load and the amp and the soundcard would not take any dmg.
Would be thnkful for an answer

Cheers

The cab won't be a dummy load really. By dummy load, I think you mean a hotplate, or other device designed specifically for this.

I'm not sure about your question though. I would *think* that as long as one output is connected to a cab, you won't damage the amp...but as far as connection the other cab output to the sound card I'm not so sure.

Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this.

-Joe