Triptykon

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Not sure how many hear liked that Celtic Frost reunion album - Monotheist. I for one loved it - one of the heaviest records ever, and forward thinking as always with CF. Anyway, I was sorry when (again) they broke up, but no worries! The Triptykon album was said by Tom W. to be a continuation from where Monotheist left off. That it is! Easily my favorite thing thus far this year. A must for Celtic Frost fans, and specifically for Monotheist fans.

HEAVY!

There are a lot of people that hated "Monotheist" but, honestly, I don´t know why. For me, it´s excellent. Well, I have to admit that it´s not "To megatherion" but I´m sure Celtic Frost didn´t have that intention. The atmosphere is terrific, so dark!

I listened some preview from Triptykon and my reaction was :headbang:. I felt so disappointed with Apollyon Sun that I expect nothing fromo Tom G. Fisher new project. Now. I´m looking forward for buying the album. I´m sure it will one of the best fromo 2010.

The Triptykon album is great! Easy one of the best albums of the year yet. I am very curious how this band will develop.

One of the things I like so much about Triptykon is that Tom does not re-hash the 80s sound but is clearly moving on. He is trying to do new things so far as is possible within the bounds of the genre.For that I salute him.

I'm odd in that I view Monotheist as the Frost's masterpiece (and that's saying a lot)!!

Anyway, LOVE the Trip record! Same vibe....dark as hell, and progressive! TG Warrior never fails to impress me.

2010 is aleady shaping up to be a strong year.
Great releases so far by:
Borknagar
Ihsahn
Joe Bonamassa
Triptychon

The new Dark Tranquillity is also solid if not predictable.

2010 is aleady shaping up to be a strong year.
Great releases so far by:
Borknagar
Ihsahn
Joe Bonamassa
Triptychon

The new Dark Tranquillity is also solid if not predictable.

I would agree here are some of my picks:

Airborne
Arsis
Carach Angren

Dark Fortress

Demonica
Enthroned
Fear Factory
Icarus Witch
Imagika,
In Mourning
Jack Slater

Kalmah
Rotting Christ
Sadist

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Triptykon

Ultrageist

Unleased

Charch Angren, In Mourning, Jack Slater and Ultrageist are the best of the above for me.

I would agree here are some of my picks:

Airborne
Arsis
Carach Angren
Dark Fortress
Demonica
Enthroned
Fear Factory
Icarus Witch
Imagika,
In Mourning
Jack Slater
Kalmah
Rotting Christ
Sadist
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Triptykon
Ultrageist
Unleased

Charch Angren, In Mourning, Jack Slater and Ultrageist are the best of the above for me.

Yes, I forgot Dark Fortress. Another solid release from that under-rated band.
I've yet to hear Airbourne and Kalmah....but plan to, soon!