Triumph reunites!

bump...

TRIUMPH TO REUNITE ON NEW RIK EMMETT SOLO EFFORT; RUSH, DREAM THEATER MEMBERS ALSO INVOLVED

"...Rik Emmett is currently putting the finishing touches to his upcoming RES9 (Rik Emmett Resolution 9) solo album which BraveWords can revealed will include a full-on Triumph reunion with bassist Mike Levine and drummer Gil Moore, the first time since 1987’s Surveillance. The as-yet-untitled album, being recorded at Moore’s Metalworks studios, is due out later this year via Mascot Records and will also feature Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson and Dream Theater singer James LaBrie as guests. Triumph will reunite on three new songs....
...Following their 2007 induction into the Canadian Music Industry Hall of Fame, the reunited Triumph last performed at the Sweden Rock Festival and Rocklahoma the following year. The Sweden Rock show was released as an official DVD in 2012...."

It ain't no "Blinding Light Show", that's for sure.

I love Rik, but this is just meh to me. Just kind of generic blues rock, for the most part.

Some decent soloing, though.

"Rolls eyes"?
No rolling eyes from me...I can't stand seeing douchebags at a show more worried about getting a video on their phone instead of just enjoying the concert. They also don't seem to give a crap about the people standing behind them who are trying to see the stage. Leave the effing phones in your car!!!!
End of rant.

Reactions: Kez
I too feel like I was born a decade too late. My first live show was Rush in 1988, but there are so many tours I would love to have seen, including:

Iron Maiden: Powerslave and Somewhere on Tour
Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith, Turbo
Metallica: Master of Puppets
Def Leppard: Hysteria
Pink Floyd: The Wall
Triumph: Any tour