Trivium inspires...Kerry King?

Matt Heafy is an indisputably GOOD guitarist, but he can't write songs or compose worth a shit. That's where Slayer outdoes them, even though that's not really saying much.

SouthernTrendkill said:
Yeah, I'm not suprised... When you've been in the game for that long I think you start to crave something new. Like how Ozzy loves American Idiot... I'd rather Ozzy be listening to A Blaze in the Northern Sky, but I deeply respect the fact that he likes something that's recent. Even if I don't like the bands they're listening to, I MUCH prefer it to artists who refuse to listen to anything new. Their music becomes stagnant. Some artists sound like they've been living in a time warp since whatever year they had their biggest success in. Not that artists have to cash in on the latest trends or change their style, but they just can't be clueless. I like to know that they're at least checking out new things.

I nominate this post for this year's "Most Pretentious" award.

Why isn't this thread locked?

There's really no reason. People either have something negative or positive to say - much like every other thread here.

It's true that when you've been the game a long time you crave something new. I'm sure the last thing King wants to do is put out another "Show No Mercy", but fucking god damn, there are tons of better things he could be inspired by than Trivium. He needs to get a "Rabbit in the Moon" CD :lol:

I remember reading an interview with lemmy, apparently hes a fan of puddle of mud. WTF???

I liked them too until I realized most of the backing music on Licensed to Ill was sampled from Zeppelin. I just went to the source then.

For real? Then they must be awesome. My favorite 2pac song is the one that samples Ten Years Gone.

M
I nominate this post for this year's "Most Pretentious" award.

I've done far more pretentious posts on this forum, this year. Personally I don't see what's pretentious about not wanting artists to ignore everything new that happens in music after they get into the scene.

Bands who don't listen to new things are hacks. Phil Anselmo listens to Darkthrone, Neil Young & Tom Petty listen to Nirvana, Metallica obviously listens to a lot of new shit... So clearly my favorite artists are upon to new things, and often things I too love.

SouthernTrendkill, your defense statements are all for naught if you don't post the shark plushie image. :lol: