Trivium

jonrpatrick

Sep 19, 2004
Unbelievably, those recommendations on Amazon work.

I kept getting Trivium-The Crusade recommended, and with high reviews.

So, I took a shot.

How did I go through not knowing about this band?? They're from Florida? Melodic Thrash Metal? They're freaking GREAT!

Please, no flames, but they sound like an updated, realllly good version of metallica circa RTL or MoP. but, harder.

In a nutshell, there have only been a couple of bands in the past few years I've listened to that appealed to me so instantly : Tad Morose (okay, late discoverer of them), Bloodbound, and Trivium.

Amazing. Can't get them off the playlist from the iPod...

Exactly - it's a phenominal throwback to the classic thrash era, and was one of my top discs from last year along with Poisonblack's Lust Stained Despair.

I also really like The Crusade. I'll most likely go to the Family Values tour this summer so I can see them and Evanescence.

TRIVIUM rocks! I'm glad they stopped the emo screaming, though. If they used death metal growling, it'd be cool, but the screaming just grated on my nerves. This band takes a beating for being too Metallica-ish. Well, since Metallica suck moose cock now, TRIVIUM picked up the torch and continues to be what Metallica should have been. I've seen TRIVIUM twice and they are well worth it to check out.

Unbelievably, those recommendations on Amazon work.

I kept getting Trivium-The Crusade recommended, and with high reviews.

So, I took a shot.

How did I go through not knowing about this band?? They're from Florida? Melodic Thrash Metal? They're freaking GREAT!

Please, no flames, but they sound like an updated, realllly good version of metallica circa RTL or MoP. but, harder.

In a nutshell, there have only been a couple of bands in the past few years I've listened to that appealed to me so instantly : Tad Morose (okay, late discoverer of them), Bloodbound, and Trivium.

Amazing. Can't get them off the playlist from the iPod...
We had a thread here a while back on these guys ... lots of people here liked them .. myself included. I think The Crusade is really cool.

Britt

I'd actually love to see them here in the States on a tour with HELLOWEEN, EDGUY, PRIMAL FEAR or any other European or even a North American power/traditional metal band instead of them getting stuck on emo/metalcore tours. I saw them with CHILDREN OF BODOM and AMON AMARTH in Philly about a year and a half ago and they fit with those bands much better, IMO.

for me, it's the glee of finding a new band I love that perfectly fits what I want to listen too.... and the surprise that I found it on Amazon.
Before my first PP, I had managed to stumble on Avantasia, and not much else for years! One of my most-favorite bands has always been Savatage, and i've added 'favorites' slowly and by stumbling on them - Demonlord being the most note-able.
Most of the other metal heads I know like different branches than I, but since PP I've discovered multiple bands that I LOVE and listen to all the time - Tad Morose, Bloodbound, Brainstorm, Symphony X, Savage Circus (wow), etc. Not all have been at PP, but from the forums and others talking I find new avenues to explore.
Somehow, I missed any discussions on Trivium, and it boggles my mind I found them the way I did... and they're GOOD!.

Oh well, i'll get off my soapbox now.

I saw them on that same tour with Amon Amarth and thought they were really good...especially for a young band. I like their older material better ("To Burrrn the Eyyyyye.......") but I don't dislike the new.

This band takes a beating for being too Metallica-ish. Well, since Metallica suck moose cock now, TRIVIUM picked up the torch and continues to be what Metallica should have been. I've seen TRIVIUM twice and they are well worth it to check out.

Eventhough I would've chosen to use different words than you did, I couldn't agree more. :lol: Since Metallica is too busy getting in touch with their "feelings" at least Trivium is bringing good thrash metal to the forefront to our youth. :kickass: The Crusade is one of those discs that I can just throw in and enjoy all the way through. It's great for working out to as well!

The Showdown attempted to do the same thing on their latest, Temptation Come My Way, but it just fell flat. The music isn't strong enough and the vocalist is just bad! I hate that for them since their just from the next town over from where I live.

~Brian~

Well there goes my only contribution to the topic :lol:

I was almost ready to agree with dccowboys311 on this one. - I saw Trivium a couple of years ago when they opened for Iced Earth and then later that same year (or the next year, I forget) on Ozzfest. Both times, they really turned me off - I think it was because they were doing the "emo screaming" thing that EmeraldSword referred to - so I just dumped them into that "Emo/NuMetal/Hardcore/Metalcore Trash Bin" in the back files of my brain and hoped that I would never have to suffer through one of their sets again.

Recently, I have had several sources (local friends and forum friends) validate this bands talent factor. Although I'm not a huge fan of death vocals, using them doesn't always deter me from liking a band. The references to "Melodic Thrash Metal" and old Metallica in this thread are giving me reason enough to think that I should give Trivium at least one more shot.

As far as the tour suggestion goes - on the same tour as Children of Bodom I can understand, but I'm not sure I can see how Primal Fear belongs on that (fantasy) tour roster? Maybe I'll get it after giving Trivium another listen.

Should I start with their most recent album? Other suggestions?