Trivium

I was almost ready to agree with dccowboys311 on this one. - I saw Trivium a couple of years ago when they opened for Iced Earth and then later that same year (or the next year, I forget) on Ozzfest. Both times, they really turned me off - I think it was because they were doing the "emo screaming" thing that EmeraldSword referred to - so I just dumped them into that "Emo/NuMetal/Hardcore/Metalcore Trash Bin" in the back files of my brain and hoped that I would never have to suffer through one of their sets again.

Recently, I have had several sources (local friends and forum friends) validate this bands talent factor. Although I'm not a huge fan of death vocals, using them doesn't always deter me from liking a band. The references to "Melodic Thrash Metal" and old Metallica in this thread are giving me reason enough to think that I should give Trivium at least one more shot.

As far as the tour suggestion goes - on the same tour as Children of Bodom I can understand, but I'm not sure I can see how Primal Fear belongs on that (fantasy) tour roster? Maybe I'll get it after giving Trivium another listen.

Should I start with their most recent album? Other suggestions?

If you like classic thrash, then you should dig The Crusade. Give em' another shot!

~Brian~