TRON: Legacy Soundtrack. OMG!

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
Seriously, this soundtrack is mind-blowing amazing. Daft Punk have reeeaaaallllyy outdone themselves. This ranks up there as being better than the Mass Effect soundtrack for me. Production and composition are both amazing.

From the Tron: Legacy (soundtrack) wiki page:
The score features an 85-piece orchestra, recorded at AIR Lyndhurst Studios in London.[4] Kosinski referred to the score as being a mixture of orchestral and electronic elements.[3] Daft Punk's score was arranged and orchestrated by Joseph Trapanese.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSx_N18TWjs&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1eI-7XWjho&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
And for a low frequency bass workout...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRvVyMuWbpM&feature=related[/ame]

Sounds like they (or the studio) hit up the orchestrating powers of Fowler/Atmajian/Dechter. Actually, the music does sound like an interesting mix of electronic with orchestral. I'll have to pick it up when it drops and see who gave it that extra "oomph".

Edit: Just looked it up and its Joseph Trapanese. Never heard of him, but I like what he did with it.
Edit 2: I'm a dumb ass and skimmed reading all of unbersyntax's first post. *kicks self*

Thanks for the heads up. I've been listening to this since yesterday, it's quite good. I like the end titles theme the most so far.

The end titles theme is pretty good. It's very fast paced and contains elements of most of the other tracks. I enjoy the whole album, and track 15 is beast -- listening to those deep bass lines gives me a stiffy. :lol:

i really never cared so much about Tron until i heard Daft Punk was doing the score for this movie.

Im absolutely blown away with that production!! im so buying that soundtrack. They even did some extra stuff for the Video game if i remember correctly

So, I just watched the original tron movie and I must say I can't understand all the hype behind the sequel. It was an average movie at best...well maybe if I saw it on 1982 I would feel different.

Still, I'm really interested to see tron legacy because of the great soundtrack, because it's in 3D and most of all because Olivia Wilde is in it.

Yes, to really appreciate it I think you would have to have seen the original when it came out. Back in the day, it was a huge release due to the special effects and it being a major Disney release that wasn't animated. Watching it now for the first time won't have the same effect since we're so accustomed to amazing special fx. But I agree, this movie will be great in 3D and hearing great soundtrack with it on a badass system will be awesome. I guess we'll see how it is in a couple of weeks.

I remember seeing the original Tron when I was 4 or 5 (82 or 83), and was blown the fuck away. Such an epic movie - the sequel looks like it will not dissappoint either!

Both this

Yes, to really appreciate it I think you would have to have seen the original when it came out. Back in the day, it was a huge release due to the special effects and it being a major Disney release that wasn't animated. Watching it now for the first time won't have the same effect since we're so accustomed to amazing special fx. But I agree, this movie will be great in 3D and hearing great soundtrack with it on a badass system will be awesome. I guess we'll see how it is in a couple of weeks.

And this.

The original was ground breaking stuff back in the day. It would be hard to see it for the first time today and appreciate that. I saw the movie when it first came out (was 12 I think), and afterwards spent tons of quarters playing the Tron arcade games in the summer. :) I've been excited about this new Tron since I first got wind of it.

The end title is awesome. Without basses on my laptop it already gives me chills. Epicness in such an easy theme is incredible.

I like how the orchestra is waving in intensity.

All I know is Olivia Wilde's in it and she's hot.

Exactly...

tron-legacy-olivia-wilde-quorra-trailer-screencap.jpg

1. I really really want to see this movie. Haven't been this excited for a movie since the Dark Knight.
2. Olivia Wilde is very hot
3. Jeff Bridges rules
4. I love this soundtrack