Trouble 7/3

I attended the show last night in Kansas City while I had to leave half way through the set due to the lateness, I thought they rocked fucking hard.

are you a big trouble fan? how does the new singer compare?

I am not a big Trouble fan and I had never seen them before last night. I thought the singer did a good job, but presented himself a little funny. The lead guitar player also looked like he was trying a little too hard to be a mix of Iommi/Ozzy.

Legendary Chicago doomsters TROUBLE have reportedly tapped Mark Lira — who plays in WET ANIMAL alongside TROUBLE guitarist Rick Wartell — to take care of the drum duties on the band's upcoming East Coast/Canadian tour.

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 11 - Casbah - Hamilton ON
Sep. 12 - Blue Moon - Toronto, ON
Sep. 13 - The Loft - Poughkeepsie NY
Sep. 14 - Music Hall of Williamsburg - Brooklyn NY
Sep. 15 - Knitting Factory - New York, NY
Sep. 16 - Talking Head - Baltimore MD
Sep. 17 - Chameleon Club - Lancaster PA
Sep. 18 - Jaxx - Springfield VA
Sep. 19 - Volume 11 Tavern - Raleigh NC
Sep. 20 - Jigsaw Saloon - Cleveland OH

TROUBLE is expected to make its live debut with Lira this coming Saturday, August 9 at the Alehorn of Power III festival at the Double Door in Chicago, Illinois.

Drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson announced his departure from TROUBLE last week. He explained in a statement, "My reasons [for leaving] are justified. I felt like I was never taken seriously as a musician with the guys from TROUBLE, but I did the best I could in that 28-year effort with the band. That is all I would like to say for now. However, this is not a retirement from the music industry for I have my band, RETRO GRAVE, with the full-length coming out in a few months with fine players (the EP was a solo effort)."

Singer Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL fame joined TROUBLE in late April.