True Temperament - now in B tuning!

I like the idea, but it looks retarded.

Not to mention that unless your bassist and other guitarist have axes with the same treatment, you'll just be out of tune with them.

There now, it's not like the guitar makes you play in a different key. ;)

I know that I'm having troubles all the time when playing the thinnest, especially in drop A, so I'd go for that in a blink of an eye if it made me use all strings without any problems.

Yeah, but you'll still be a few extra cents off, which will end up sounding worse than with normal frets.

I'll set up a meeting with him and do some testing to see if it's that bad or not. It seems that there's more people interested in if it's a good or a bad thing to have.

Good to have reactions beyond "looks ugly".

On the topic of fretting, how are those things mounted? Are the fret slots seriously cut to those contours? o_O And personally, I really don't see why everyone cares so much how it looks; it's a little weird, sure, but I have had so many fucking intonation nightmares I would LOVE to have this! I wonder how it compares to the Buzz Feiten method...

And that is one jolly-looking fellow in the first pic :lol:

That's great... should be standard fare on all guitars. The instrument is too imperfect.

This sounds like a great innovation, though I am left wondering whether there is a way to actually make the frets more aesthetically pleasing.

They could just make the frets fucking massive and crown the mathematical intonation points that way, but I'd rather the squiggles. I'd love to try one of these guys. Makes the fretboard interesting enough to not need inlays too.