Trying to put together a band...

Shard

The Unholy Thpoo
Dec 19, 2002
(UC)Santa Barbara, CA
I posted a few months back on forming a heavily-Opeth-influenced band at UC Santa Barbara, but the replies were shitty. So, I've recorded some songs just by myself on guitars, vocals by me, and Mr. Fruity Loops on drums. Maybe this shit will inspire somebody to join me, or something. Anyway, check this out, maybe you'll like it: http://pa-ftp.net4bay.com/tmp/Hope%20Dreams.mp3

Thanks,
-Tim

what is wrong with trying something new? that is pretty good stuff, has a very gloomy and doomy (<--wtf?) feeling to it, and it seems to flow well. i'd love to join but i live in nebraska, and that is a problem

The Shape: I'm not trying to form an "experimental band", I just don't want to restrict myself, but I understand where you're coming from. If you want to jam or anything, gimme a call (650)245-0029, but you're in Marina, so that's kinda far...

JoeVice: Thanks.

ggggggu: Sorry.

Playing the same ole shit over and over can only get people so far. And if you are influenced by something so above par from the rest of the metal world, why would you ever consider playing something boring? Or being just another band falling into the genre already filled with great bands. Do your own thing I always say and leave the shit thats been over and over to the pros.