Tryptikon, 1349 and Yakuza on tour...

The question is, has anybody been on the shows this last week in Europe... been playing quite remote places - from my point of view/kinda home.

hmm, I might be up for this. Never saw anything to do with Celtic Frost live and been a fan since '85 ... I really should catch them even if it's just Tom.

also the Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax show I was planning to go to next weekend, just found out it's like 50/60 bucks a ticket and I am a cheap bastard especially since I don't even know where the tickets will be for that moolah in a big stadium.

i'll text you later tonight Greg ... have to check with the wife for other "issues" for tomorrow night (aka take my balls out from the box under the bed)

need some drinks badly as well ...

Yakuza was excellent. Great stage presence. They pull of what they do on disc really well.

1349 was awful. Granted, the venue sound wasn't great. But that didn't slow Yakuza or Triptykon. 1349 just sounded silly, with a neverending stream of blast beats and double-bass drum work. There's just nothing of interest going on there.

Triptykon had a very cool vibe and a very dense sound. Unfortunately, that slow, grinding music doesn't work well when you're dragging ass because you're on no sleep. I bailed about 45 minutes in. But that was on me, not the band's ability to deliver.

yeah, what Greg said.
Oddly, Triptykon ended like 10 minutes after you left. They just played about 3 very long songs from the new disc and ended. No encore, nada. Weird.

1349 has some history behind them, but really sounded like poop. the guitar player was even posing and hamming it up between songs for the photographers which i thought was pretty funny.

Yakuza was pretty good but as i was telling Greg, I couldn't make heads or tails of what they were about which is probably a good thing. They reminded me of this band from the 80's that I still can't remember the name of, they were a Faith No More clone ... something with M ... maybe Mordered? I don't know.

Yakuza was pretty good but as i was telling Greg, I couldn't make heads or tails of what they were about which is probably a good thing. They reminded me of this band from the 80's that I still can't remember the name of, they were a Faith No More clone ... something with M ... maybe Mordered? I don't know.
See if you can't lay your hands on a copy of, "Of Seismic Consequence". Good stuff indeed.

i'll try to find the latest one Greg, their old stuff sounds nothing like the stuff I heard last night

BTW, here is Triptykon's setlist from last night

(Intro music) Crucifixus
Procreation (Of The Wicked)
Goetia
Circle Of The Tyrants
Babylon Fell
Abyss Within My Soul
Synagoga Satanae
The Prolonging
(Exit music) Winter: Requiem

looking at this set list from last night and the way they delivered the songs ... it seems there was some story/theme to this presentation. those songs make sense somehow in that order.

also ... wowaweewa ... I am in love with the bass player Vanja Slajh

yeah, my friend just texted me that he has no recollection of me driving him home. never mind that we had a deep philosophical conversation littered with hi-fives on the way for about 40 minutes. :lol:

we all had the same amount of drinks yet he was completely sloshed (unless he was sneaking away to the bar every 10 minutes during Triptykon)