TSE X50 Melodic Riffing

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
First one definitely sounds more expensive.
Since drums are nonsense - mute them, so we can hear the tone of guitars better.

what do you mean the drums are nonsense? Also, I want to test the tone out in a mix not just on its own. Thanks for replying though.

mix sounds cool !
boost a little bit in the 200hz on the snare, but its just my preference..the guitars will be better if they didnt have all that fizz..if you already took the highs off, send all the guitar tracks to a bus and filter out some more highs until like 15khz..i believe it would be nicer that way..
kick make it more noticeable in the mix, take a little low end out of the bass guitar and if u EQd out some bass from the kick, bring it back..
its always interesting to do frequency trades with the kick and bass (e.g. take kick and boost on bass or the opposite etc..)

:)

thanks man. I low passed the guitars at around 12khz. But I agree about the fizz. I'll have to work on that some more. I'll try to cut some of the lows out of the bass too.

I personally like to low pass my guitars at around 9k especailly if they are plugins and impulses. It might sound a little off solo'd but in the mix I think it should work pretty decent. 10k minimum I would say. That should help some of the fizz.

^yeah, also if the guitars still sound kinda dark to you (which makes for a dark mix i guess in this genre..), make it up by brighting the cymbals a bit, it will help .
also, you can do a fair dark mix and bright it a bit at the mastering stage (only if you know what u doing)..if you doing this, make sure you master it yourself