TSS wont work...

TheDean84

New Metal Member
Feb 16, 2010
I tried putting TSS Tube Screamer Secret in my vst folder and it wont load into my effects like everything else...anyone else have this problem or have another link? Im using Adobe 3.0

i have a problem like this when i tried to use TSX- 30 or whatever its called? (the engl 530 preamp). Id put the dll file in my folder and it wouldnt load in software. Im using Sony Acid pro 7

Kinda sad cause i hear such good things about that plugin, and i cant use it =(

Look for something labelled BTE Audio, or Vintage Overdrive, something like that. The plugin file doesn't actually report itself to your DAW as being named Tube Screamer Secret, for some dumb reason.

Alternatively, rename it before you place it in the folder. Make sure it knows that its a .dll extension though....should work.

In Audition you have to do 3 things for new plugin to show up: 1. From the edit window go to "Effects\Add remove Vst Dir" and make sure the path to the dll is there 2. Go to "Effects\Reresh effects list" 3. go to "Effects\Vst plugin manager" and make sure the effect is ticked. I havn't used Audition in a long time so I could be full of crap!