Tube Amp Help?

AudioPhile777

Mathew Cohen
Ok, so its a shitty pic, but something is going on with my amp...

I bought a new set of tubes (matched quad 6L6) and the second tube from the left (looking through the back) isn't glowing like the other 3...

the amp is my JSX... i made sure NOT to flip the switch to EL34s... I have a basic multimeter but not sure how to use it (or if I even need to) for biasing...

I get sound out of the amp and it works fine (even sounded better)... played through it for about 2 minutes hoping it would start glowing or something...

anyway... that doesn't seem normal.. help?

image link:
http://www.blugargoyl.com/pics/1234671380910.jpg

edit: also the channel lights (when first turned on), crunch and ultra channel LEDs light up, sits there for about a second or so and then only the channel that is supposed to be selected lights up... its never done that before either.

the reason i changed the tubes was because the first two were significantly dimmer than the second two... so I figured it was time to change them, seeing as I've owned the amp for over two years and haven't changed them... and who knows how long Jeff had them in there before me...

Are you sure it's the tube and not the socket? Try putting another tube in it's place and see what happens. If it's the tube then just send it back and tell them they gave you a bad one, because that's probably all it is. Hope this helps. Good luck!

I've heard of some people having problems with the pcb? mounted tube sockets on these things. Might wanna check it out/have it checked out. Could be enough connection to heat up the old ones but not the new ones? Never had a problem like that with my jsx though, and I've changed the powertubes 10+ times.