Tubescreamer power options

Just make sure you get a power supply that just doesn't add any extra noise and it will be all good.
Weirdly enough, I used to use this unknown brand new power supply and it crapped on any of the brand name stuff I could find in store.
It didn't add any extra noise, as quiet as using a battery.
Stupidly enough, I sold it to this kid a few years ago:(

I go batteries all the way. I use old evereadys when I can find them, but if I cant I get the cheap green guys from Radio Shack.

I personally find that when my TS is slightly "underpowered" (ie: not getting a full consistent 9V) it improves my tone a bit. On my 5150 it seems to compress the lows a bit more like this. I could be fucking insane, but it just seems that way to me.

And FYI I had my TS plugged in for 3 days straight and the battery didnt die. It only made it through another hour before it did, but it went 3 days. Either something is wrong with your TS or the batteries you are using.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I always power my 808 with a walwart I found from a thrift store, but when recording I always use my furman power condition in my rack to plug into.

I go batteries all the way. I use old evereadys when I can find them, but if I cant I get the cheap green guys from Radio Shack.

I personally find that when my TS is slightly "underpowered" (ie: not getting a full consistent 9V) it improves my tone a bit. On my 5150 it seems to compress the lows a bit more like this. I could be fucking insane, but it just seems that way to me.

And FYI I had my TS plugged in for 3 days straight and the battery didnt die. It only made it through another hour before it did, but it went 3 days. Either something is wrong with your TS or the batteries you are using.

Could very well have been used batteries.

a decent wallwart is going to be closer to a regulated 9v more so than batteries. Batteries can range from 8.6-8.9v and generally are never 9v, always less. I think that I heard that 9v batteries most of he time sit at 8.7 or something, and as you play more and more the voltage will begin to drop until the opamp can't run anymore, which is at like 4v, which means, the longer you play on that battery, the more compressed and distorted your tone is going to be. Wallwarts most of the time if they are a good quality will be at 9 volts regardless of the main voltage connected to it because they contain precision voltage regulators/zenor diodes that let exactly 9v through and nothing more.

the best thing to do is to have a fresh battery and still use a power supply for it. just make sure you disconnect the cables from the in and the out once you're done using it.

the best and i mean "BEST" power supply available is the Boss PSA120, the one with the red sticker. but it's a little hard to find. But that thing will give you super kleen power and very regulated voltage.