Tug of War Thoughts, Comatose, and Doug Gtr Question

jjmannford

Sep 17, 2002
Lutherville, MD
Visit site
Enchant is truly finally a prog band since they use mellotrons in Progtology:D Whose mellotron did you use? Those arent exactly easy to come by these days.

Ignorant Music question: In the first part of the instrumental intermission in Holding the Wind, do you, Doug, use an Ebow to get that cool guitar sound?

I concur with Mare that Comatose hits you emotionally like no other song. Majestic. Doug hit the nail on the head that its kind a like Marillion meets Kevin Gilbert. Reminds me of Water Under the Bridge alot, which is an awesome song too. I LOVE the voices in my head, guitar cries. Awesome touch. The restrained guitar solo (reminscient of old Rothery to me) is an emotional roller coaster. And the buildup to the end is just driving to an incredible emotional explosion. Then back to the haunting piano and Ted's breathy vocals. Can't praise you guys enough.

I said that Beautiful was nothing special, but it really has grown on me after listening to it alot. When I first listen to a CD, I guess the exciting passages really hit me first. Beautiful is a simple nice melodic song. In the context of the CD, it fits in perfectly to the contrast the jerkiness of Holding the wind and the dark and heavy Queen of the Informed.

Take it easy