Another COOOOL Review of Tug!

mgirishfan

Mar 18, 2003
Catonsville, MD USA
www.alightedstage.com
Hey Everyone, check this out --- another Tug fan! :)

http://www.thetempleofmetal.gr/group_properties/enchant/tug_of_war.htm

Enchant - Tug Of War (Inside Out)

Album Line UpTed Leonard - Vocals
Doug Ott - Guitar
Ed Platt - Bass
Sean Flanagan - Drums
Bill Henkins - Keyboards

Sometimes I feel uncomfortable when I’m in the position to surpass every inch of my endless devotion to a band or an artist in order to do an review. In this particular case, I’m not. Simply, because Enchant is a quintet that all these years of its’ existence keep feeding me with tons of emotions and dreaming journeys through the landscapes of prog rock brilliancy...

“Tug Of War”, the new masterpiece Doug Ott and co. created, is another closer look of how modern progressive rock must sound without being dinosauric, boring and limitless. Is it because, it includes one of the most sensational anthems this band have ever written? Without a doubt, “Beautiful”, is the most touching song Enchant composed since the very beginning, a track that even Marillion haven’t managed to record the last 5 or so years. I know this is a very “tough” statement, especially when the British legends of prog rock belong to the top of my all time 5 favorite bands. “Beautiful”, is so intensive and enchanting, that easily gained the title of the most touching and appealing to my ears song.

“Tug Of War” shows sufficiently the band covering a whole spectrum of sounds form the progressive genre. From really heavy weight numbers with diverse bass lines and powerful guitar riffs to atmospheric keyboard themes and first class vocal melodies, this effort finds the band in a tremendously inspired song writing. You can also add, the fantastic artwork & layout and the strong production and you have a jewel in your bare hands.

Potentiality is the magical word, the key to Enchant’s success, a fact that proves why more and more fans of the genre pay attention and support these San Francisco based prog wizards. Although, it’s more than obvious that “Tug Of War” released in a period where the fans of prog metal / rock saw the light of many great releases -and personally speaking- if I had to choose, then the 7th effort of Enchant would be my priority. “What we have here, is wonderful, magical...divine; it’s beautiful...”

Greg Baxevanidis
Enjoy!!!