Enchant - Tug of War

StratosFeaR

New Metal Member
Jul 11, 2003
Just registered to these forums. Was registered on the old forums when BOAE first came out but havn't had much of a chance to spend time on message boards :)

Anyway last night I received the Enchant - Tug of War promo. Just got through my first listen and I will say I am very very happy :) Great work to the enchant guys. Another excellent album (not that I ever doubted it).

This album just snuck up on me. It seems like only a few months since BOAE came out.

I will post scans of the back and front of the cover later if anyone is interested.

PLEASE do not ask for files. Either publicly or privately. I will not give files to anyone and any such requests will be reported. I respect Enchant enough not to offer mp3's.

Cheers.

Thought I would post the cd art.

Keep in mind the back will more than likely change from the Promo to the retail version :)

E1.jpg

E2.jpg

The album is definetly growing on me. It's weird. The same thing happened with BOAE. It has the familiar Enchant sound yet it is so different Took a while for me to adapt to BOAE. They have done it again :).

At the moment my fav song would be Progtology. (Progtology is basically Prognosis part 2 :) Instrumental track.) At about 2:55 into the song this cool bit kicks in. Hard to explain but you will know it when you hear it.

A big thanks to Enchant for releasing such beautifull music.

A family member is in the industry. Sorry don't want to say too much just in case there is anything wrong with it. But I don't think there would be a problem. Basically he gets promotional cd's as he has to sell the cd's to the cd shops in the country. So to sell it he has to have heard it.

I dont' think there was anything wrong with starting this thread. It is promotional :)

HI everyone,

Great to hear the positive reactions to the new stuff. We had a great time recording it, and we are going to have an even better time playing it on the road. We are all really excited about the tour, and we are going to do everything we can to try and get some American dates as well, but there is no guarantee. I am sure that this web site will be updated soon with the new artwork theme as well.

And I agree.... Nice shirt Ed!!!!

Anyone check out NearFest this year? How was it??

Can't believe it has already been one year since we were there....

See ya!!

Sean

Coooooool beans! As if I weren't before, LOL, now I'm TOTALLY hyped in anticipation of this disc....c'mon 7/29....!!!! I agree that all Enchant CD's have differences and that is part of their appeal. As much as I love Blueprint/Blink/JugDrop/Wound/Time/Break if thye all sounded the same I would eventually get tired of them! (After awhile, LOL!) I think it is a mark of a first class group to be able both to retain a signature 'sound' and to continue to develop lyrically and musically and forge into new areas. Enchant excells at this! Way to go guys --- and can you do anything about that calendar??? C'mon 7/29... ! :)

StratosFeaR said:
A family member is in the industry. Sorry don't want to say too much just in case there is anything wrong with it.
Heh...quite a change in tone from the original "No way am I posting MP3's because it's wrong!" to this "Err...I don't want to talk about it in case I'm doing something illegal".

=P

Guys I saw the entire CD on WinMX already. Who ever it is, can't they wait until the album is at least fully released?? :erk: Haven't seen it in a while, so hopefully that person was smart, and stopped sharing those MP3 files.

The entire CD has been posted to USENET over the weekend as well, so it's definitely circulating.

However, I'll take the 5th on whether temptation got to me when I seen it on the prog newsgroup. :)

StratosFeaR said:

You guys look like bunch a bad ass m-----r f---kas. Did anyone see that movie, Rock Star, with Marky Mark & Jennifer Aniston? When Mark Wahlberg gets into the band and they take their first group photo, he is all bright wide smiles. The photographer tells Mark and the rest to look mean, tough & angry, like real rock stars. I guess you guys had that same guy? :tickled: Sean, you look like someone just shit in your Cheerios.

Just joshing with you guys. Can't wait to hear Tug..................legally,
Jim

Jim,

That's one of my fave flics ever - LOVE it! And that's a great scene!

I can't wait to get my hands on this CD!!!!

Jim, since you're quite the Camel fan, can you recommend a CD to start? I don't know anything about them but they sound pretty cool. Thanks!

See ya!

jjmannford said:
You guys look like bunch a bad ass m-----r f---kas. Did anyone see that movie, Rock Star, with Marky Mark & Jennifer Aniston? When Mark Wahlberg gets into the band and they take their first group photo, he is all bright wide smiles. The photographer tells Mark and the rest to look mean, tough & angry, like real rock stars. I guess you guys had that same guy? :tickled: Sean, you look like someone just shit in your Cheerios.

Just joshing with you guys. Can't wait to hear Tug..................legally,
Jim

Jim

You will very soon :)

And on the pic thats the guy alright, he actually shook each one of us and then slapped us before the shot :) Ted got really pissed off! :loco:
What I really want to know is which hand Sean and Bill are hiding the prize in ??????? :tickled:

On a more serious note it is pretty lame the disc is already out there? Thanks to all of you that are refraining from going there! We appreciate it! It is almost here anyways a few more weeks hah?

You are all the best!

mgirishfan said:
Jim, since you're quite the Camel fan, can you recommend a CD to start? I don't know anything about them but they sound pretty cool. Thanks!
Hey Mare,

I would recommend their live CD, Never Let Go to start. It has a good mix of songs from their numerous previous albums, and Dust and Dreams in its entirity. Check out http://www.camelproductions.com for some samples of other stuff.

:wave: