A Portuguese Review from Tug of War

Sevlar

Brazillian Fan
Sep 15, 2002
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Hi guys,

Long time I dont post here because I'm so busy these months, so...!

Enchanters, a great and big brazillian site named Whiplash posted a very good review from Tug of War.

Here it is! (guys and webmaster, if you wish to put on the site...!!)
The original link is: http://whiplash.net/reviewscdslist.mv?registro=1591
------------------------
Note: 9

All Enchant album appears highlighted in the specialized media. It is the album of the month, Top 5/10 in the list of end of year from famous critics in magazines and sites of high quality non specialized in rock/gradual metal as RockHard (Germany), Headache (Holland) and Report Rock (Belgium), and still more acclaimed in the ways that deal with particularly the style. Beyond that, incessant compliments coming from Steve Rothery (Marillion), integrants of Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, among others. However, certain the world should be mistaken and the South America right, therefore it is incredible the fact of until now any company got prepared everything to bring stuff from the band to Brazil, Argentina, Chile.

“Tug Of War” is new a full fantastic work of rhythmic variations, unexpected harmonies, and captivating melodies (point-key in the career of the Enchant). The progressive in the best way by the third consecutive time by the hands of the band. Three awesome launchings since 2000, when left “Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10”, containing also in this sequence “Blink Of An Eye” (2002), besides the work of 2003 already referred.

The bassist Ed Platt gains each time more space, with untouchable virtuosity and interventions. As well as Billy Sheehan, that even in the ballads and slower compositions, case from the haughty one “Beautiful”, it is distinguished for gorgeous lines, out of normal or basics musicians. The same happens with Sean Flanegan, ex-Dali's Dilemma, in this second album with the Enchant.

Ted Leonard follows as great interpreter and vocalist and Douglas Ott gradually goes increasing the weight of the guitars, without leaving the influence of Marillion, especially from Afraid Of Sunlight and Brave, focus in chords, solos and tones.

What to say? A band with fans (and many) in Brazil, which started the career with A Blueprint Of The World, easily worthy of a note 10, and now comes in this absurd sequence of wonderful launchings... so only remain to be enchanted with the sound and indignanted with South American inertia.

----------------------------

Guys sorry if there is any mistake in the translation!! I did my best!

Hope you like it!

Hey Ed,

Thiago and the Webmaster of the Whiplash Site would like to do a special interview or put some text about Enchant on the Forum, but he told me that he is emails Doug and Ted but none of them answer his questions. Are they busy or something like that??