Turbonegro

charnee

i'm hungry.
Sep 27, 2003
someone told me that they were really funny, i havent listened to their stuff yet but does anyone like or heard of them?

Turbonegro rocks. Death-punk done the way we love it. They were in the same music scene as a lot of the Norwegian black metal bands, and dressed up as gay men (hence the sailor hat, denim clothing and make-up) to piss off the "conservative" metal musicians. They soon got a cult following in Norway, and soon large parts of Europe (especially Germany). "Ass Cobra", with songs such as "Denim Demon", "I Got Erection" and "Sailor Man", was an important step to getting this cult following. The next album, the magnificant "Apocalypse Dudes", was their definite breakthrough (even in the mainstream) - "Age Of Pamparius", "Are You Ready For Some Darkness", "Prince Of The Rodeo" and "Selfdestructo Bust" are personal favourites. Their singer, Hank von Helvete, when they were at the peak of becoming superstars, collapsed from drug abuse just before a gig in Italy in 1999. Turbonegro decided to take a break from the music scene. During this break, they became even more famous. The Turbonegro fanclub, called "Turbojugend", got branches all over the world (Turbojugend Kabul, for instance). When they returned in 2003 with their record "Scandinavian Leather", there was a huge hysteria around the band. Myself, I wasn't too big a fan of the record, but it was good nevertheless - not just up to the usual Turbonegro standard. Open minded people should check out the above mentioned songs. Enjoy.

i've downloaded a bunch of their stuff now and i really fucking like them. i'm gonna try to pick up some of their shit next time i buy cds.