Soilent Green

Vital Remains

Just a Man
Oct 12, 2005
In a big building
What do you all think of them. havent listened to them since i was sixteen and today a found a cd and just remembered how fucking badass their southern-ish guitar riffs are. Damn their stuff got me into playing guitar in the first place.

Pretty good band. Seen them a few months back in a club here, days after the Katrina shit. They were out on the road while New Orleans was getting pummeled, and this was their last date of the tour before they went home to their destroyed city. They still put on a good set, but you could tell they were real bummed out and worried. A couple of them still couldn't locate some relatives.

never seen Soilent Green but they do seem interesting,I have seen goatwhore live .which has the singer of Soilent Green in the band.if I remember correctly.goatwhore had that celtic frost type sound.which was interesting.ive alway been meaning to pick up a Soilent Green album but im always putting it off.I'llprobably just wait for their next album to come out.which will probably be soon.I hope the next one is real sludgey!

I love Soilent Green, I've seen them damn near every time they've played Portland Or. and I'm going to see them again on the 22nd on the Nile tour. My friend who I bought tickets for that show, toured with Ben's other band Goatwhore, so we'll probably get to hang out with them. I also reciently purchased Confrontation their newest release, and it slays, very heavy.

I've always thought they were one of the slightly more unique bands in extreme metal. Part sludge, part grind, part technical death metal, and the lyrics have a creepy Acid Bath-ish vibe. Not a band I'm always in the mood for, but Sewn Mouth Secrets is still a great album.