Turned 21 today, Flood me with beer suggestions

gekko

Much less calm than you
Sep 14, 2004
My tastes run to brown and red ales, but if you really like something suggest it anyway. I know this is shockingly like the winter beer thread but humor me.

I love stouts, especially this time of year. Favorites:

San Quentin's Break Out Stout (Marin County Brewery)
Obsidian Stout (Deschutes Brewery)
Mortality Stout (Reaper Ale)
Vanilla Bean Stout (Riverside Brewing Co.)

When local brews such as this are unavailable, I get any British stout, porter, or ale usually.

Happy Birthday Song

Mackeson's stout is probably my fave besides Guiness.

I know it's kind of the generic choice, but you really can't go wrong with Newcastle when it comes to brown ales. I don't drink many reds, but most scotch ales I've tried have been quite good.

Also, it depends on what your goals are. Getting drunk or having a beer. I have gotten drunk or really good porters and wonderful belgians and didn't like it too much, the hangovers are worse. Something like a Newcastle works really well in terms of getting drunk for a birthday.

yeah, happy birthday! make theDope and nils tote you to all local alcohol-related venues nearby.

avi and i totally agree on the mackeson. i've been loving that beer lately- really milky flavored stout. and i second/third the local brewpubs suggestion.

Thanks for the well-wishings. I'll have to try Mackeson at some point soon

That Vanilla Bean stout was one of the best beers I've had in a long time. Unfortunately this brewery no longer sells bottles in stores, and they typically only brew one batch of their special brews. I'll never forget their AMAZING Smoked Porter from several years ago.