TV, musical channels

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
I was wondering if Katatonia have ever appeared on TV, I mean interviews and stuff like that on musical channels...
Here in Italy there is a channel of a pay TV where u can see a lot of underground bands, videos, live shows ( not the entire gig but a few songs). I saw bands such as Immortal, My dying Bride, Tiamat, Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Novembre...and I hope one day to see Katatonia too...

Ya here in america we'd never get that lucky to have a station like that. MTV would never talk about Katatonia, all MTV here is a bunch of Brittany Spears and that teen pop music that only 13 year old girls like. MTV would never recognize a good band. I hear that MTV europe has a good blend of rock and techno music. Maybe ya'll have it made as far as MTV goes.

Jonathan

The same situation here in Austria (well.... ähm... we have no own music channel except MTV Germany and some other music channels from there)

Don't think they ever did something like a Katatonia special. :cry:

Actually this channel ( Rock TV) is on a pay tv on the satellite, so not so many people can watch it...
But the good thing is that on this channel you can promote your own band if you want, they give you something like two hours where you can interact with the audience at home, show a video if you have one or play live, or simply speak about your band. Two friends of mine who play in a band went there and that's good, because it is open to everyone...
Once I saw a good program on a music channel on the satellite where the vj presented some unknown metalbands of the 80s, and it was terribly funny, because these band were so kitch and some of them so horrible! The topic was something like " the losers, or the clone of famous bands like Led Zeppelin and so on..."But as for other music channels we have Mtv and Viva, which are both crappy channels. Mtv used to be good in the early 90s, i still remember Headbangers balls, but now I really can't stand it anymore!
If someone is interested here is the webpage of Rock TV: www.rockweb.it
Unfortunately it is all written in Italian...
I wonder if there are similar channels in Scandinavia, it will be really cool to see some good Scandinavian metal bands on Tv...

German music channels are shitty! Ether, you mentioned headbangers ball (btw what is Vanessa Warwick doing right now?), yeah...MTV WAS cool in the early 90s. I also remember they were playing Megadeth, Motörhead and stuff like that in the afternoon - impossible today. Now they try to make us believe that POD is metal :confused: (Keine Amnestie für MTV!). Here in Germany we had a music channel (Viva 2), which was better than the rest. But they had to give up last year. So i think an appearance of Katatonia on TV is nearly illusory...

Yeah, VIVA 2 was alright. I don't have cable TV at home so I could only watch it every now and them. At my place I only get "MTV 2 Pop" :puke:

Here in Germany there are lots of so-called "open channels". These are public stations where anybody can do his own radio and TV programme. Me and some friends of mine used to do a TV show there. We interviewed lots of bands: Sepultura, Amorphis, Machine Head, Shihad, Forbidden, Benediction etc. and a bunch of local groups. I guess if you want to see your favourite music on TV, you need to look out for such a local station or start your own programme, if possible.

It would be cool if someone could get Katatonia into a TV studio and have them play a few songs, do an interview and make a Katatonai special out of that footage. An unplugged session on the radio would be cool too. I'd be glad to take care of that, next time they come on tour...if the band has any interest. What do you think, Anders?;)

Actually, some time ago somebody wrote that Katatonia once appeared on a Finnish TV station (in a report about Tuska Metal festival...)

Originally posted by the_joy_of_grief
Actually, some time ago somebody wrote that Katatonia once appeared on a Finnish TV station (in a report about Tuska Metal festival...)

That was in MoonTVs Tuska 2001-festival report. They showed short clips from bands awesome performance and asked few questions from Anders and Jonas. So Katatonia have appeared in TV at least once.

Does Opeth have any live VHS o DVDs? I don't think that they do but man I would rather watch a recording of a band then to sit and watch MTV. MTV is mindrot. Same with VH1. I saw Corrosion Of Conformity one day on Music Central but its been a while...

Originally posted by Clayman77

That was in MoonTVs Tuska 2001-festival report. They showed short clips from bands awesome performance and asked few questions from Anders and Jonas. So Katatonia have appeared in TV at least once.

have you recorded that 2001-festival report?
is there someone who can trade it? Upload it?