2 trapped in husk of a white crow
3 bow before my dark
4 the end of halcyon age
5 pseudogods
6 leperthrone
7 gothic prelude of capricious equanimity
8 cruciferous lunacy
9 Proudly paragon of pregnant night

TWILIGHT OPHERA play symphonic, and epic sounding black metal. The songs are very well thought out and performed, and will tickle the fancy of anyone that loves modern symphonic black metal. The keyboards are of major importance to the band, but they are never overpowering or in your face too much, like so many other bands out there. I still say black metal can have keyboards, if and only if, it is done with tact, and goes with the music, and not thrown in as a last minute addition. It’s nice to see that they can throw very catchy guitar riffs into the music, and not just chug away in repetitiveness on their instruments the whole time. You can hear different influences like thrash bits, and power metal creeping in here and there. Little differences like that make this band special. I wasn’t surprised too much by the vocals as they were very straight forward black metal growls, with a mixture of clean vocals, a la BORKNAGAR. Although, TWILIGHT OPHERA will break out into other genres like on the title track, and mix things up a little with some power metal chords; complete with some power vocals. All in all, Twilight OPHERA actually seem like they are at the top of their game, and know how to combine all the right elements to make some catchy and somewhat memorable symphonic black metal songs. If you are a fan of CRADLE OF FILTH, DIMMU BORGIR, BORKNAGAR, or any other band that springs to mind when mentioning those above, you will find yourself at home with TWILIGHT OPHERA. Unfortunately, that includes the mall kids who got into this type of metal because they think it is trendy, or for the imagery.

Rating: 7 /10

Evil C