Twist In The Myth Complaints...

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
Has anyone else noticed that Fly and Dead Sound Of Misery are the EXACT SAME SONG MUSICALLY!!! I cant figure out what they were thinking here. I listened to both songs back to back and espcially the frist minut of each song is almost exaclty note for note. Besides that its a great album.

Well yeah, Dead Sound Of Misery is basically an alternative version and as it's just a bonustrack for the limited edition it sorta makes sense (except it doesn't). I usually skip Dead Sound...

I skip it too, but assumed it was just there way of showing the progression of the writing process. As a bonus it's not really a proper part of the album, and so I don't think they intended it to be viewed as such. Anyway, Fly is much better.

Heheh is true. I didn't noticed since my copy hasn't arrived and when I was listening to the MP3s and the song repeated I thought it was the single version since I have both on the setlist :lol:

I don't pay much attention evidently :oops:

NP: Abattoir - 'Ace Of Spades'

I went back and had a listen of Battalions and Follow and realized these albums are awesome. Then i realized that between 87 to 89 BG released Battalions/Follow and Helloween released Keeper 1 and 2 in 87 and 88. What a happy time for metal.

OK. So 'Dead Sound Of Misery' is just an alternative version of 'Fly' and can be considered a bonus track even if is not wiritten as so in the booklet, I can deal with it. The interview track is basically a filler which could perfectly never happened, I juts skip it.

But what is with track #13? I have a 8:07 track with no sounds whatsoever after DSOM and before the interview. Any light on this one?

SickBoy said:
This new album of theirs doesn't impress me at all, it's merely okay...
They were perfect up to Nightfall though.

I have just heard the single and it doesn't impress me either, to me they were near perfect until I heard this single, hopefully the rest is good.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Has anyone else noticed that Fly and Dead Sound Of Misery are the EXACT SAME SONG MUSICALLY!!! I cant figure out what they were thinking here. I listened to both songs back to back and espcially the frist minut of each song is almost exaclty note for note. Besides that its a great album.

No shit, DSoM is the same song. It's just an alternate version of "Fly".