Twisted Fuckin Sister!!!

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
I've always had a soft spot for Twisted Sister...they were the band that first got me into metal. I still think that "You Can't Stop Rock and Roll" and "Stay Hungry" were classic albums, and I think they certainly deserve more respect nowadays than being the punchline of a joke.

Sure, things went downhill rapidly after "Come Out and Play", especially when they released the video for "Leader of the Pack", but their earlier videos were innovative and entertaining.

Whenever my wife drags me out to go dancing for "Retro night", I'm usually disappointed to hear the same old stuff, but the DJ never seems to have "We're Not Going to Take it". Seriously, tell me that wouldn't pack the dance floor at a retro night.

Anyone else think that they're underrated, or should I just go sit in a corner? :lol:

nope twisted fuckin sister are great!

stay hungry is an awesome album indeed and yes their videos are funny, though cheesy.

WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
NO WE AINT GONNA TAKE IT :headbang:

TWISTED SISTER!!!!!! :headbang:

You Can't Stop Rock & Roll and Stay Hungry certainly are brilliant!!!

And the video for "I Wanna Rock" is one of the greatest heavy metal videos ever, along with Motley Crue's "Looks That Kill" I reckon!

I had both their videos on a comp tape I made to play at my bacholer party. Out of all the videos on that two hour tape Twisted Sister was the only one that got the whole paty to stop whatever they were doing just to sing along. Sure they are campy as hell, but that is what makes them so fun. Most of what I listen to is late 90's thrash, but Twisted Sister is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Hell, I even played "You're going to burn in hell" at the wedding reception...oh wait, that was my wifes request.
headbanger.gif

Yeaheyeeh. Stay Hungry and Under the Blade kick ass! Having said that, I think Dee Snider's solo stuf is quite shit. Never let the bastards Wear you down and Bloodied but unbowed are a dissapointment, me thinks.

Storm. hughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What him say???????

yeah i heard one of his solo albums, it was shit indeed, even if the TS drummer played for him again...

Twisted Sister is the subject of one of those stories I tell time and time again - last November I saw I Wanna Rock on Beavis & Butthead and was converted on the spot. The intro is cheesey you could say but you have to understand if you are a kid like me :cool: I can relate with that 100 fucking %! The song itself rocks as well, just love it.

I prefer Come Out & Play over You Can't Stop Rock'n'Roll (them being the only albums I have barring a Best Of) but i am sooo itching to get a copy of Stay Hungry! S'gotta be done!

Originally posted by Ayeka
I prefer Come Out & Play over You Can't Stop Rock'n'Roll (them being the only albums I have barring a Best Of) but i am sooo itching to get a copy of Stay Hungry! S'gotta be done!
You Can't Stop Rock and Roll is a metal classic IMO, and deserves a lot more respect. It is solid from start to finish (well, except maybe the token ballad...that was kind of lame :) )

The token ballad being Suzette's Song thing, by any chance? Might be, I dunno...I do know that was one of my favouite songs off the album! Overall I thought it was kinda weak though...I dunno, maybe I need to dig it out...