Twisted Theocracy lyrics

jt_voittaja

Finnish Metal Fan
Nov 16, 2011
Finland
Idea is to post all kinds of hilarious wrong Theocracy lyrics: Misheard, purposefully misplaced etc. :D

Some of mine:
As The World Bleeds - I Am: "I am the sacrificial lamb that rages on and on..." (Mistake when singing along :p)

Theocracy - Theocracy: "... A fission of Theocracy! Take the loss, albatross...." (Misheard lyrics from when I was about 10 years old :) )

For a while I thought the last stanza of As the World Bleeds was:

"All the glory and the power left this place
When we turned our backs upon You
And chose to live in outer space"

It's funny how creative our ears can be!

For a while I thought the last stanza of As the World Bleeds was:

"All the glory and the power left this place
When we turned our backs upon You
And chose to live in outer space"

It's funny how creative our ears can be!

You mean that wasn't the lyrics to it. Too bad, cause I always thought that line was pretty cool.

My 6 year old niece is a new convert to Theocracy and absolutely adores the Christmas songs.

After telling me an extensive story about Frosty the Snowman's headwear, she has decided that instead of:
"All I want for Christmas is my old job back", the line really is (or should be)
"All I want for Christmas is my old top hat".

Cute.

I did a double take and had to check the lyrics after I thought I heard something about a "sex machine" near the beginning of Paper Tiger: "The narcissist machinery".

I played the Ghost Ship video for my wife and she asked me who the captain was. I said Jesus and she replied, "well that's what I thought at first, but then he had a mistress." ["all aboard as the Captain calls His misfits"]

Last edited:
Reactions: Aish!
It's always funny when your daughter turns to her mother and says, "I don't think Daddy knows what the lyrics really are." :rofl:

Another one from As the World Bleeds:
"Game point of life and death, the nadir of existence painted black"
My brain seems determined to think it's "the no idea of existence", even though it doesn't really fit.