two BRAZILIAN bands you guys MUST check out!!!

AcesHigh

Sep 25, 2002
Novo Hamburgo, Brasil
AKASHIC!!

this is the band from brazilian guitarrist Marcos De Ros. The band is awesome. I just bought their CD Timeless Realm and was SO FUCKING surprised by how good they are. The vocalist is incredible (i read on several internet reviews he sounds like the guy from SymphonyX. I dunno, cuz I dont have any SymphonyX CD) and the entire album is so good.

www.akashic.cjb.net

thats their website. There is a link to english on the left side. They have FOUR (4) songs to download there. I am sure you guys will like the 4 songs... and if you like them, BUY THE ALBUM, cuz those are the 4 weaker songs on the CD (and look, those 4 are awesome songs, but the others are even better!)

TUATHA DE DANANN

ok this is a brazilian band playing... from all things... IRISH-FOLK-CELTIC METAL!! And oh yeah... they play it well!! I LOVED this album when I first heard it. I cant believe I didnt knew about them and missed TWO shows they did in my own city!!
All their songs are VERY catchy... they sometimes sound like Rhapsody (with celtic influences of course) but with SOLOS (cuz Rhapsody doesnt has guitar solos). Sometimes they sound thrash. Sometimes they sound Maiden. Sometimes they even add some gutural death style vocals!!! Its so cool.
The vocalist is not the better there is in the world... no way... but he is good enoguh for the job imho, cuz his voice fits the music... kinda like Ozzy, who was so cool but hadnt the vocal technic of DIO.

enough talk... download this Tuatha De Danann song from my website (they have a new website and the downloads section isnt ready yet)
http://www.rogerpenna.brturbo.com/TuathaDeDanann_04_Tan_Pinga_Ra_Tan.mp3

Dude, I'm brazilian and I have to say... BRAZILIAN METAL RULES!!! Just think about Angra, Shaman, Viper, Karma, Glory Opera, Dragonheart and Venin Noir !!!!!!

The setlist for that album is fucking awesome. The only problem is that the sound of the crowd sometimes is not loud enough... It's funny to hear Edu going like "I wanna hear you guys now" and then there's a deep silence, just the instruments... lol

Akashic rocks, I have Timeless Realm and its a very good cd, I look forward to hearing their next album.

What about Eterna?? they kick ass too!!

Bear

When is it coming out? At Progpower, Kiko was saying they were 'hoping' for a January release. lol. I know release dates always change, I'm just curious WHEN this thing is coming out. It's my most wanted DVD, right next to Gamma Ray's Skeleton's in the Closet DVD.

They had a little problem with editing the dvd and some features weren't working, as EDU told us in Angra's website's message board. They are probably releasing it by the end of this month. Can't wait, it's gonna be awesome!!! :devil:

AngraRULES said:
They had a little problem with editing the dvd and some features weren't working, as EDU told us in Angra's website's message board. They are probably releasing it by the end of this month. Can't wait, it's gonna be awesome!!! :devil:

Well, I really hope it is not like the live 2cd set because that was terrible. I was so dissapointed when I received that. As soon as I saw that it was on some no name label, and the packaging was all messed up, I knew it wasn't a good sign. That has to be one of the worst live albums I've ever heard. The sound quality is worse than some bootlegs that I own. I just really hope they do a much better job with the DVD.

symbols disbanded for a while... Now they are back with the guitarrist (damian) on vocals... they played a festival in Sao Paulo a couple weeks ago and I heard it was quite bad.. LOL
Edu's brother is now playing bass on Felipe's (angra's bassist) ex band Karma... Karma is AWESOME! Check them out, the End record has their debut for 11 bucks! Awesome agressive Prog Metal....

I love Akashic! Timeless realm was a pretty good debut... I can't wait for their new album! It's coming out sometime this year..

I don't like thuatha that much, though....

I can't wait to purchase the new Angra Live Album and DVD. Kilo Loureiro also released two instructional videos with one of them explaining the best Angra guitar solos, can't wait to get that one too...you can check it out at www.angra.net

MetalIcarus said:
I can't wait to purchase the new Angra Live Album and DVD. Kilo Loureiro also released two instructional videos with one of them explaining the best Angra guitar solos, can't wait to get that one too...you can check it out at www.angra.net[/QUOTE]
YOU GUYS HAVE TO CHECK OUT GLORY OPERA FROM MY NATIVE CITY OF MANAUS!! YES IN THE FUCKKINNN AMAZON!!!
THEY ARE GREAT!!