Two very *uncommon* SyX pics

The second one looks like it's from the same photoshoot as the one in the TiO CD booklet.

How old is the second foto?
Is that Rod Tyler?? And where is jason Rullo?? That guy to the right?

Apparently, that's Welling. I like Rullo's drummin' better than his though.

Edit: Oh- nevermind, I don't know. I see it's been said that Walling is the blonde

Thats Tom Wailing in the 2nd pic. He did the drums on Twilight, not Jason Rullo. He gots some skillses, but Jason Rullo will still totally destroy him. (Someone needs to study their TiO a bit more.)

wchuck said:
How old is the second foto?
Is that Rod Tyler?? And where is jason Rullo?? That guy to the right?

It's from the Twilight in Olympus photo shoot in 1998 (I actually have a better version of this that MJR gave me, somewhere on my hard drive..). From left to right, it's Mike Pinnella, Tom Walling (drums while Jason was temporarily gone from the band), Mike Romeo, Russ Allen, & Thomas Miller (the bass player before LePond came along).

Speaking of gone Sym. X members, what did Rod Tyler go off and do after he left the X? Did he just go off to normalness? Or did he find another project or something?

ptah knemu said:
Speaking of gone Sym. X members, what did Rod Tyler go off and do after he left the X? Did he just go off to normalness? Or did he find another project or something?

I hope that he realized that he sucks, and stopped singing for the good of mankind. Although Im sure he cant get that McDonalds theme song out of his head, since he hears it everyday at work...:D

Rod Tyler's vocal style is a little tasteless in 1995 S.X. album, however i don't find him talentless. He might have improved his technique from then on. I of course don't know his experience on that date, but if that is his improved style, it is just not good enough...

when I think of "acquired taste" I tend to think in the realms of Cradle of Filth, grindcore like Dying Fetus, and even Devin Townsend or early Steve Vai (His voice has gotten a LOT better since Fire Garden)

But listening to Rod Tyler makes me want to kick myself in the nuts for some odd reason...but I must admit, I have heard a lot worse!!! *cough* Cacophony *cough*..