u think cob are overrated?

?

• y

Votes: 38 29.2%
  • n

Votes: 92 70.8%

• Total voters
Well, "be objective huh", who are we kidding? :lol:

CoB ARE overrated by the "OMGALEXI" fans and like, but I think the last album success and the publicity the band is getting is well-deserved. If anything, the band is underrated because Alexi gets all the glory, even though all other band members are as good or better than him.

Well, "be objective huh", who are we kidding? :lol:

CoB ARE overrated by the "OMGALEXI" fans and like, but I think the last album success and the publicity the band is getting is well-deserved. If anything, the band is underrated because Alexi gets all the glory, even though all other band members are as good or better than him.

Quoted for truth, I mean Roope is very well skilled and gualified to play every solo in their entire production, but since Alexi is the head guy, he gets most of them. Alexi learned to play the guitar watching Roope play for christ's sake!:lol:

Let's see, are COB overrated? Most people hate their music, even though they're the best band in the world.. so the answer's gotta be no. :)

you do realize just -where- you're asking this right?

haha yeah, when i created this poll i wanted to check if i can get a 10:1 ratio:lol:
anyway i think they are a bit overrated, compared to bands like dt that just do better melodic death but are far less worshipped

Well, since their sound got very different the last 6 years they got more fans and IMO alexi's playing has always gtten worse from that point. The new songs aren't that hard to play than for example the hatebreeder ones...Changes happen, but i need to say that i still like the new bodom style even though it's different.

Sadly...Yes they are! Some people think that they are THE talent and are the only good band out there...yes they are very talented and great band but there are also others. Also the ALEXIOMGFANBOIZOMGZ is getting out of hand.

I got your point, yes, but whats with Kissing the shadows? The song is a pretty easy one and the solo...well... The only hard thing is the last solo part starting on the 24th fret. The sweeps and the fast picking parts are also not that problem. Blooddrunk got some solos which are more harder to play imo. And we all know that the earlier times never come back. But this shouldn't be a discussion about how much we like every Bodom album cause this will allways ends in the same result.

Alexi isn't worse than a few years ago. He just play other things/other songs.

Chidren Of Bodom NO!, but Alexi Laiho its a little overated, because lots of people have said: "Alexi Laiho is the best guitarist of the Wordl", but its not true. There are lots of better gitarist then Alexi.. like Malmstein, Petruci etc...

His instructional DVD was kinda disappointing and on the booklet, for the Are You Dead Yet solo, they printed half of the In Your Face solo on the first page and the end of the Are You Dead Yet solo on the second page.