U2

Andy_2003

Dec 16, 2002
Shiteville
Visit site
:Spam: Now I know I'll get laughed at for this thread, and nevermind, but I've been getting into all of this band's stuff and seen a recent live DVD and it strikes me that they're fucking brilliant. I dunno why some people dislike them other than the usual 'oh that band are dead famous and get in the charts and on top of the pops, so let's hate them'. I can see Bono acts like a nob, fair enough, but a fucking great voice, brilliant vocalist, much better than people like Thom Yorke.. you just have to wonder how he's regarded as a great vocalist :ill: The rest of U2 are pretty sound I reckon. So I'm off to see them in June in Manchester and I've still to listen properly to most of their stuff, but listening to some of their stuff lately has been amazing, the long held notes, excellent singing and those guitars kick monkey balls... any other U2 fans here? :dopey:

Andy_2003 said:
ah you need to listen to everything on a big stereo system
well, i don't own something like that. mine's small crappy and old.
still it hasn't prevented me from liking some other bands...

Yeah, I'm a fan - miserably failed to get tickets for the dutch shows in july, but hey, I like their stuff and listen to it a lot - Bono's voice has deteriorated over the years though, due to smoking - Edge's guitar parts are very good I think

have fun at their gig

Just think all the songs are the same, gets boring. Oddly enough one of the greatest cover bands I've heard was a U2 one, Die Herren, great performers

I don't have one u2 c.d.

Go for these instead Andy

Kerbdog, whipping boy, involution, david kitt, redneck manifesto, jape, god is an astronaut, therapy?. Never mind U2.

Andy_2003 said:
:Spam: Now I know I'll get laughed at for this thread, and nevermind, but I've been getting into all of this band's stuff and seen a recent live DVD and it strikes me that they're fucking brilliant. I dunno why some people dislike them other than the usual 'oh that band are dead famous and get in the charts and on top of the pops, so let's hate them'. I can see Bono acts like a nob, fair enough, but a fucking great voice, brilliant vocalist, much better than people like Thom Yorke.. you just have to wonder how he's regarded as a great vocalist :ill: The rest of U2 are pretty sound I reckon. So I'm off to see them in June in Manchester and I've still to listen properly to most of their stuff, but listening to some of their stuff lately has been amazing, the long held notes, excellent singing and those guitars kick monkey balls... any other U2 fans here? :dopey:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: